Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you actually seem serious about Marco going three games into a season where we have had a win, a draw and a loss.
He's right, we dominated that game, possessino, shots, corners, everything but the scoreline, Theo and DCL should hang their heads in shame over those misses. He set us up to win, and we should of.

We had four attackers on at one point and we were still out passing them, what more can he do when the strikers don't hit the goal?

This is delusional.
It's also called having a positive mental attitude. He's not going to explain it like that to the players. What if one or more of those chances had gone in? Would then be a case of good teams have a way of getting results even when not playing well? I'm happy that the chances were created, if not taken. As the season goes on, and the new players settle in, we'll not only make more chances but put a lot of them away.

Palace have proved that the Sky six are not infallible so it's good that we can get the bad performances out of the way before we come up against any of them.

Some of you actually seem serious about Marco going three games into a season where we have had a win, a draw and a loss.
He's right, we dominated that game, possessino, shots, corners, everything but the scoreline, Theo and DCL should hang their heads in shame over those misses. He set us up to win, and we should of.

We had four attackers on at one point and we were still out passing them, what more can he do when the strikers don't hit the goal?

I take this with a pinch of salt, we had a possession which mainly went between Gomes Schneiderlin and Mina, then it went to the wings before transpiring into nothingness.

We never really knocked on villas door until the last 15 minutes, apart from Doms awful miss we never looked like scoring.

It was a “we won the stats” argument to try and gloss over one of the worse displays I’ve witnessed in a very long time.

Should he be sacked?? Hell no, it’s ridiculous at this time. But does he have issues that he needs to resolve?? 100%

They were winning, they let us have the ball! I can't believe some people still don't understand that.
edit; not that I want him sacked btw.

Am i missing something we've played 3 n only lost one, yes we have issues but asking for silvas head so early in the season is bonkers, pitchforks were at the ready prior to the season starting

Am i missing something we've played 3 n only lost one, yes we have issues but asking for silvas head so early in the season is bonkers, pitchforks were at the ready prior to the season starting
I don’t think anyone seriously wants him gone this early, but he must improve drastically if he’s to stay in the job.

Last year he had the Allardyce mess to fall back on. This year he’s two seasons into the job and has probably had more investment in the playing staff than any manager outside of Guariola and Klopp during his time here.

Results are demanded now.

I don’t think anyone seriously wants him gone this early, but he must improve drastically if he’s to stay in the job.

Last year he had the Allardyce mess to fall back on. This year he’s two seasons into the job and has probably had more investment in the playing staff than any manager outside of Guariola and Klopp during his time here.

I take this with a pinch of salt, we had a possession which mainly went between Gomes Schneiderlin and Mina, then it went to the wings before transpiring into nothingness.

We never really knocked on villas door until the last 15 minutes, apart from Doms awful miss we never looked like scoring.

It was a “we won the stats” argument to try and gloss over one of the worse displays I’ve witnessed in a very long time.

Should he be sacked?? Hell no, it’s ridiculous at this time. But does he have issues that he needs to resolve?? 100%

If DCL had put that away could have changed the whole game, but no.

Many folk did say give him a season and new players, well here we are!

It's also called having a positive mental attitude. He's not going to explain it like that to the players. What if one or more of those chances had gone in? Would then be a case of good teams have a way of getting results even when not playing well? I'm happy that the chances were created, if not taken. As the season goes on, and the new players settle in, we'll not only make more chances but put a lot of them away.

Palace have proved that the Sky six are not infallible so it's good that we can get the bad performances out of the way before we come up against any of them.

He gets this season and this is a season of judgement. He simply must get 7th at least there is no excuse now. If he decides to persist with his stubbornness then so be it.

Nothing worked in the first half and he decided not to change anything. And the worst thing is keeping a League One striker in the line-up.

Dont really have too big of a problem with Silva tonight. Changes should've been done earlier probably but the fact is that the players miss sitters, not him. We had 3 clear cut chances, one was unlucky and the other 2 were woeful. They took their chances. We didnt.
On Brands this, he's had long enough to see that scoring goals is a major problem and then he went about the transfer window the way he did, utter charlatan.

It's not so much the results, it's more the teams he has picked are pathetic, and to say after the Villa game what he did kind of shows he isn't taking the job serious.

In a season where 4th is reachable, to throw away points so easily is poor

Status
Not open for further replies.