Pace, tempo and pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I also want to see, if the ball comes out to a CM and the opposition sits back have a shot. You might score, you might get a deflection into someone's lap for a goal. Next time the opposition will be tempted to advance out, then you can either shoot again or find that bit of space now created for a proper pass.

I’d love to see this team going forward ...that midfield is too sluggish get legs in there View attachment 65720
Yes those three in midfield have different attributes. On Friday Gomes and Morgan were on top of each other and Sig was way too high to be involved. Zouma is a big miss for me, Mina has been good but Zouma allowed us to press right up with his recovery speed.Anyway here's hoping for better games ahead. Silva can't be happy.

Thing I also want to see, if the ball comes out to a CM and the opposition sits back have a shot. You might score, you might get a deflection into someone's lap for a goal. Next time the opposition will be tempted to advance out, then you can either shoot again or find that bit of space now created for a proper pass.
Yeah we are like a poor mans Arsenal under Wenger right now. Pass pass pass, very little end product

Second half against Bremen - they picked us apart going through the middle. There’s so much space there against us if we sit deep. Watford too ran through us with ease.

Second half against Bremen - they picked us apart going through the middle. There’s so much space there against us if we sit deep. Watford too ran through us with ease.
This is what worries me, Gana was masking a lot of issues with his ability to press, intercept and shield. If we play as we did against Villa against better teams we will get battered.

When Idrissa Gueye was in the team his work rate and enthusiasm was contagious replace that with Schneiderlin and it becomes a sh!t show
plus the fact that Everton consistently keep get injuries to players

Fitness levels.
Granted pep and klopp have better players, but they are also at peak physical condition aswell when they play

Even players like gundogan, Silva, Henderson fabinho, play at a high tempo when it clearly isn't in their natural game.

Maybe worth considering looking how these teams train.

Status
Not open for further replies.