Everton and the Striker conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we look at the front 3 then we have 2 of the most highly rated young players in the world.

The 'big name' would have been Zaha and instead we got Iwobi.

Two of them arent fully match fit and Richarlison looks knackered or out of form.

Not sure who a 'big name striker' would be but i doubt they would be scoring sackfulls with the lack of chances weve created so far this season (looking at Gylfi).

Iwobi played well and at least looked like a threat.....

It's also why while we should be mixing it with Arsenal, United, and Chelsea...I can't see us doing it purely down to ruthlessness.

Martial, Radford, Lacazette etc don't usually need two chances.

Just heard what Carragher(sorry I know) said about us and our forwards, that we haven't really had a forward(in regards goal scoring returns)worthy of the club in the entire premier league. Yak and Rom aside he's right. The lot across the park nearly always seem to have a top top striker.

Why do we not prioritise a top striker, is it purely money, most of the Prem we haven't had any but whats the excuse now, hopefully Kean becomes that man but way too earlt to tell.

Moyes was always a top striker away from having a really good side.

Should we do more in our recruitment to lure a top name striker.

Anyway Blues, just thought it was an interesting point, what do you all think?
At the moment, better than DCL will struggle in this team, the problems go way deeper than his inability to score.

We have...or in our case don't have...for the nth time of asking...No Proper Mid Field - just off form, CBAd Individuals, playing in modern fancy individual niche positions, No.10, No.8, AMF, LMF, RMF, The Carsley Gueye role and probably some more I've missed.

I need a rest from all the Angst, I'm off to watch the Cricket for a bit...frying pan fire you may think, but Im putting my brand new aussie green cap on...they seem the least worst of a bad bunch, when EFC and England are the alternatives.

I was more just on about our strikers throughout the Premier League era; it wasn't really having a go at our current lot. Our top class forwards have been few and far between since Lineker, Sharp, heath, Gray. We've had a lot of duds haven't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.