2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be best suited to a 442. He really needs a partner to play off. We won't be playing 442 any time soon but I think him and Kean could make a decent front 2

The classic they are suited to a certain formation excuse... There is no way you could justify playing him in a front two. He is far too limited and our midfield is nowhere near good enough.

The classic they are suited to a certain formation excuse... There is no way you could justify playing him in a front two. He is far too limited and our midfield is nowhere near good enough.
He's not good enough in any formation if we want to challenge the top 6 but what we're doing now isn't working. We lack creativity and I'd like to see us change it around. Our options to change are sadly limited.

He's not good enough in any formation if we want to challenge the top 6 but what we're doing now isn't working. We lack creativity and I'd like to see us change it around. Our options to change are sadly limited.

If we lack creativity how is playing two up front going to change things? Instead of one fella standing there we will have a couple. Kean needs to be given a run now. I just hope the lad is something special. He needs to be.

I hate to get on a players back, but people are right, he's not good enough. He's had a long time now to prove he's worthy of leading the line. Yes he works hard and he runs about, but he just can't score goals. That first half chance was on a plate for him.

Tosun is a better option.

Was at the game and was disgusted with the abuse the lad got from our fans at the game.

He's obviously not up to standard and shouldn't be leading our line but until Kean is up to speed who else do we have?

Far more experienced players, such as Gomez, Richarlison, Siggy and Coleman are playing worse but DCL got all the abuse.

Our fans are an embarrassment at times.

IMG_20190824_090207.jpg

50 Percent of goal on the left to nonchalantly tap in, and where he chose to powerdrive, …… sob!

He's just simply not good enough. He has been given like 80 games. His touch hasn't improved, his finishing hasn't.

I'm sure it has to an extent in practice, he seems like a good guy and a hard worker. However, I just think the game is too fast for him at this level. He's nothing better than a sub when you have a lead to run and pressure defending players in the last 20. That's his skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.