2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has put himself in the firing line by sticking with Calvert Lewin. I can't remember another player who has consistently done so little. Kean starts next game, or questions need to be asked of Silva's judgement.

Questions should already be asked. Everyone and their dog knew he needed to change it.. we didn’t need to drop 3 points to see the obvious. Apparently Silva does.

So tough to play football there that Bournemouth won there last week.

Great. I already can’t listen to our manager and we are 3 weeks in.

I can't stand to hear him say it will be a difficult match at every press conference. It's like we hired the Portuguese David Moyes and that negativity permeates down to the players. I want him to come out and say we should be tonking this team 7-0. Believe it and it will happen. :)

Tell ya something if he gets us knocked out they cup next week he’s going to be under massive pressure from the fans

GOT kneejerk reaction due to Everton losing, This is getting stale now and I cba with it.
I don't think it is kneejerck in this instance. We battered a team that will do well to stay in this league, but had no goalscoring threat. We then removed our creative players at the expense of keeping a striker on the pitch who doesn't score or create or occupy defenders.

Very poor tactical decisions, tonight. Needs to show that he learns from his mistakes in our next couple of games.

So tough to play football there that Bournemouth won there last week.

Great. I already can’t listen to our manager and we are 3 weeks in.

Me and my 10 year old son have just said the same ijjy, after that we just can't be arsed listening to him or watching them.

August and I'm already thinking how nice it was without Everton wrecking weekends

I'm no Silva fan and I never have been. He's an overrated, poor man's Martinez on his best day. I'd not be surprised if he failed to see the season out here.

That being said, lets look a little deeper at our issues as a club. We've not had a good side since the late 80's. We've not won anything since 1995. We've not won a derby since 2011 and we've not won one away since 1999. We've hardly won any games of note in all this time.

I'm all for giving Silva and the players their deserved stick but can we stop pretending that our being utter pony is somthing of a recent development the fault of our latest scapegoat/manager ffs.....:mad:

Still he deserves at least this full season (bar some terrible scenario when we're threaten of relegation). If we finish lower than 8th we need to part ways.

yeah there is no point in sacking him or whatsoever in any point of this season, it makes worse. i wish we had a new manager before the season starts.

It is perfectly OK to sit back and play quick counter attacking football in away matches!

Silva obsession with possession football is naive. We will be in big trouble if he continues to be stubborn.

I can see him struggling against 13 teams home and away trying to be smart with slow possession buildup.

I can't stand to hear him say it will be a difficult match at every press conference. It's like we hired the Portuguese David Moyes and that negativity permeates down to the players. I want him to come out and say we should be tonking this team 7-0. Believe it and it will happen. :)
Apparently Portugal was voted the most depressed country in the world I read somewhere or something along those lines

It is perfectly OK to sit back and play quick counter attacking football in away matches!

Silva obsession with possession football is naive. We will be in big trouble if he continues to be stubborn.

I can see him struggling against 13 teams home and away trying to be smart with slow possession buildup.
It was just like this under Martinez in those second and third seasons. Loads of possession but far too slow and ponderous - incredibly boring to watch. It was this stubbornness that ultimately got him the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.