Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was and it wasn't.

It's fine to go 4-4-2 but you have to have the right players in the right areas.

We had nobody getting forward from midfield. So we had four forwards all in the area, and then a massive gap between them and Gomes and Schneidelrin.

We created chances out of crosses but we didn't create enough. We should have had 5 or 6 chances. We had two, and one of them was all down to Iwobi's making.
Most of our play goes down the wings anyway, predictably so...might as well have 2 strikers on if Gylfi isn't hitting shots

DCL and Sig may as well not have played. Morgan was ponderous, Gomes a real off day. Mina caught out... Apart from that only Iwobi can take any credit

Actually thought Lewin played better with Kean. We were too slow in the middle for me Schneiderlin and Gomes are too pedestrian, I would have put Iwobi in the middle to add a bit of drive/ pace. Lewin before Mean was piss poor.
Problem with that is they get no service other than hopeful crosses. Kean shows he has something special when he has the ball at his feet, we need to play to that strength.

I can’t take defeats against god awful teams especially before the weekend has even began ,what an absolute embarrassment that was ,did anyone feel Walcott was gonna score that chance,not In a million years ...we look so comfortable in possession yet the minute we get to the penalty area we look like absolute lost souls...not including Iwobi and kean as I thought both gave us something very different

Status
Not open for further replies.