Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see what type of 'character' we show in the second half

Im guessing players are mentally thinking, its one of them days, nothing will go for us so lets just write it off. Expect to see similar in the second half.

Not entirely the fault of our defenders. The ball reaches our danger area too quickly after we lose possession, countless times today, it is as if we have no midfielder. Schneiderlin doing absolutely nothing and Gomes doing absolutely too much.

....as I said, the key ingredients are missing throughout the team. Saying that, the defending was woeful but sadly predictable.

Everton are just so predictable teams find it easy to play against us the manager should just forget about the system cos it aint working put the 2 new lads on

They're playing like the away team, hitting us on the break. There's no urgency to our play, no movement up front and Richarlison and Gomes are awful, particularly Gomes who hasn't put a foot right. Bernard started well then seemed to drift out of the game for a while but still our best threat going forward. If we can't beat these questions need to be asked, cause they're poor.

Starting with DCL because 'Kean isn't match fit'. So, let's start with a forward who we know will do nowt, rather than one who might do nowt. Walcott on the bench (and judging by the last game, likely to come on) - see the comment about DCL.
Silva out!

I thought it was because he didn't know the system. If its fitness I would rather he plays the opening 60 minutes, than the last 20. Looking at Wesley he is sweating like nobody's business and probably won't last the 90, but he started and scored

Status
Not open for further replies.