Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we have an away game I always expect nothing or a point, because we are not as good as we think we are.

Some people on here add no value to the fact we are playing away, I on the other hand have become accustomed to poor away results, for me Villa are favourites.

....just given my son a lift to pick up his coach to the match and we both felt this is a difficult one to predict.

I don’t want to settle for a draw anymore, but I don’t think we’re carrying obvious threat until we’re up to speed and i’m not convinced with our defensive capability without Zouma. Love us to get through these first 5 or 6 games with a few wins because I expect us to significantly improve.

Hopefully we’re just better than them.
Good to hear that you brought up your son the right way.
I only have daughters so it's taking a little longer to convert them, but, gradually getting there.

Good to hear that you brought up your son the right way.
I only have daughters so it's taking a little longer to convert them, but, gradually getting there.

....I walked my daughter down the aisle last week. I started my speech with the quandary I had when she was born in May ‘85. Do I welcome home my first born or jump in a mini-bus with my pals to go and watch the Blues in the Cup Winners Cup Final in Holland? Yes, I went to the game, and worst thing is we went straight to Wembley afterwards.

Despite regular angry reminders from Mrs Eggs, my daughter laughs at the story and is a big Evertonian.

Last edited:

....I walked my daughter down the aisle last week. I started my speech with the quandary I had when she was born in May ‘85. Do I welcome home my first born or jump in a mini-bus to go and watch the Blues in the Cup Winners Cup Final in Holland? Yes, I went to the game, and worst thing is we went straight to Wembley afterwards.

Despite regular angry reminders from Mrs Eggs, my daughter laughs at the story and is a big Evertonian.
Good man. I live on the south coast now and took my daughters to the away game at Brighton over Christmas. They only came if I would pay for the drinks during the day. They took me to Wetherspoons before the match and used my credit card to order all the drinks without leaving the table. We ended up in Nando's after the game so the whole day cost me a fortune and we lost. Well worth it to see them supporting the boys in Blue.

When we have an away game I always expect nothing or a point, because we are not as good as we think we are.

Some people on here add no value to the fact we are playing away, I on the other hand have become accustomed to poor away results, for me Villa are favourites.
I tend to agree, it's never a forgone conclusion that we will win away from home. I am just hoping with the new players and a year to bed in we can start to be more ruthless away from home but I am yet to be convinced. I will say this Villa have to attack us which plays into our hands a bit. But we still need a big effort to beat them at home no matter what anyone assumes. We flatter to deceive or shoot ourselves in the foot away from home and have done for seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.