2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess we'll find out by about 1900hrs, won't we?

Do they just hand out unannounced injury info to supporters clubs, like? Everton is a pretty tight ship these days.

The same supporters club that have the kits before they're released? The same supporters club who knew about the stadium before it was announced?

The world we live in today with fan TV channels etc - the clubs want them onside. These supporters clubs do legitimately get information.

Well I guess we'll find out by about 1900hrs, won't we?

Do they just hand out unannounced injury info to supporters clubs, like? Everton is a pretty tight ship these days.

I know a few people who work in Finch Farm and since Silva / Brands took over it`s locked down tighter than the coffin lid of @Frank. ex girlfriend.

The same supporters club that have the kits before they're released? The same supporters club who knew about the stadium before it was announced?

The world we live in today with fan TV channels etc - the clubs want them onside. These supporters clubs do legitimately get information.

But I would imagine not the sort of stuff that opponents could use to their advantage on the day of a game.

Or the stuff to break bad news to Evertonians in advance?... it happens mate.

What's the benefit to Everton of using a non-official channel to non-announce injury news on the morning of a game? Is an angry mob going to descend on Finch Farm if Marco Silva get's asked on Sky tonight "So, no Gbamin in the squad after a promising full debut last week, any story there?"

and replies "Unfortunately, Tom Davies was trying to teach him how to Ollie and he's broken his wrist. 8 weeks, we think"

Probably not.

Why would they need to do that here? What would it achieve?

To not be the bearer of bad news?

Trust me, the club don't want to make official announcements that will get negative responses. It's basic marketing. In years gone by the club have leaked lots of stories that takes the pressure off the club.

What's the benefit to Everton of using a non-official channel to non-announce injury news on the morning of a game? Is an angry mob going to descend on Finch Farm if Marco Silva get's asked on Sky tonight "So, no Gbamin in the squad after a promising full debut last week, any story there?"

and replies "Unfortunately, Tom Davies was trying to teach him how to Ollie and he's broken his wrist. 8 weeks, we think"

Probably not.

Everton use a number of non official channels to communicate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.