Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....most interesting point (for me), was that he sees this as a ‘different squad’. I imagine it means a squad that is starting to fit his team model. Ball carrying wide player (Iwobi), athleticism and running power in central midfield (Gbamin) and a bit more quality up to (Kean).

SILVA PRE MATCH VILLA P/C

Digne available
Lucas Digne will be available says Marco Silva.
Leighton Baines available too.
Just waiting on Fabian Delph - they’ll be waiting on him next week.
Silva adds that he's hopeful Delph will play some part in one of the two games next week.

Sidibe working hard
Silva confirms that Djibril Cisse has been training with the first team.
The Blues boss says the right-back spent his full pre-season at Monaco and it’s more physical here but he’s in good shape.
It's just a matter of him understanding our idea.

Late start for Iwobi
Silva on Iwobi: "He started really late, just now it's his second week working with the team.
We have to take care with the situation, giving him enough time to get fitter. He's getting better and if I decide, he'll be ready to help."

Schneiderlin a solution
Morgan Schneiderlin was suspended last weekend but Silva said he could return at Aston Villa.

Silva on clean Sheets
Silva on clean sheets: "In football normally you can't ask for time, you have to show results and give the fans what they expect.
We have worked really hard to settle and for a team to win with a clean sheet is fantastic, it's one of the main things for me as a coach."
It's up to us to keep working hard. One day, one of our opponents will score, my job and what we want to do is be more clinical in the other box."

Silva: Top would be good
On the prospect of going top of the table.
Silva: “It would be good but we have to respect Villa.
“Their performances so far have shown more than the results they achieved.”

Silva wants VAR consistency
Silva on VAR: “It’s too early (to comment).
“Some of the details are not so clear but they can be important for football.
“Other things - like the City game - it was not the first time it happened. It’s important that every single weekend they have to go the same way.”
"Last season we had some meetings between the referees and some managers for them to be clear what VAR can do in football matches. Some of the details are not clear but I think it will be positive for football."

Silva - racism isn't just in football
SIlva on racism following high-profile cases on social media.
“Racism is not just in football, it’s also in society.
“It’s important we stop it and be a key part of situation and everyone can do a bit more.”
Everyone can do more and more, and it's important to stop this type of situation."

Blues working hard to keep clean sheets
“It’s up to us to keep working really hard.
“The feeling is really good when you finish a match without conceding.”
It would make me really proud. Not just because we haven't conceded in two games, but how we finished last season also.
The last 13 games and 10 clean sheets, the numbers are fantastic."

Silva on Kean
"I think it's a normal process. He's working hard, trying to show his quality for me and his teammates.
He's trying to settle as fast as he can on and off the pitch. If he will start or not, it's up to me to decide."

Call for consensus on transfer window
I fully agree with Mauricio [Pochettino]. It doesn't make sense if the other markets stay open. In my opinion, they have to find a way for almost all countries to close on the same date."

Last edited:

Digne available
Silva adds that he's hopeful Delph will play some part in one of the two games next week.

Sidibe working hard
The Blues boss says the right-back spent his full pre-season at Monaco and it’s more physical here but he’s in good shape.

Late start for Iwobi
Silva on Iwobi: "He started really late, just now it's his second week working with the team.
We have to take care with the situation, giving him enough time to get fitter. He's getting better and if I decide, he'll be ready to help."

Schneiderlin a solution
Morgan Schneiderlin was suspended last weekend but Silva said he could return at Aston Villa.

Silva on clean Sheets
Silva on clean sheets: "In football normally you can't ask for time, you have to show results and give the fans what they expect.
We have worked really hard to settle and for a team to win with a clean sheet is fantastic, it's one of the main things for me as a coach."
It's up to us to keep working hard. One day, one of our opponents will score, my job and what we want to do is be more clinical in the other box."

“Other things - like the City game - it was not the first time it happened. It’s important that every single weekend they have to go the same way.”
"Last season we had some meetings between the referees and some managers for them to be clear what VAR can do in football matches. Some of the details are not clear but I think it will be positive for football."

“It’s important we stop it and be a key part of situation and everyone can do a bit more.”
Everyone can do more and more, and it's important to stop this type of situation."

It would make me really proud. Not just because we haven't conceded in two games, but how we finished last season also.

Silva on Kean
"I think it's a normal process. He's working hard, trying to show his quality for me and his teammates.
He's trying to settle as fast as he can on and off the pitch. If he will start or not, it's up to me to decide."

I fully agree with Mauricio [Pochettino]. It doesn't make sense if the other markets stay open. In my opinion, they have to find a way for almost all countries to close on the same date."
THANK YOU; Pretty sure we haven't signed Djibril Cisse though...

Digne available

Sidibe working hard

Late start for Iwobi

Schneiderlin a solution

Silva on clean Sheets

Silva on Kean

....interesting take on the transfer window. Managers asking for alignment with Europe, but moaned when it was still open at the start of the season.

....interesting take on the transfer window. Managers asking for alignment with Europe, but moaned when it was still open at the start of the season.
To me they should close all same time,said it when they 1st started this not have spanish etc having advantage,but instead of closing it say 2 days before the season started,i would do it a week or so before season started so at least you get time with any new late players comming in - ie close window say around 8-10 august,and start season around 20th etc

The only way they can be truly aligned is for every league to start on the same day.

As that is most unlikely to ever happen, Silva just needs to accept the window as it is.

And I think the system we have in place this season, when the buying had to be done before the season started, is far better than the window closing three games into the new season,

The only way they can be truly aligned is for every league to start on the same day.

As that is most unlikely to ever happen, Silva just needs to accept the window as it is.

And I think the system we have in place this season, when the buying had to be done before the season started, is far better than the window closing three games into the new season,

Why dont they just say that you can only buy and sell players from a country whose transfer window is open.

As frustrated as I am with him, it may be wise to start Schneiderlin and keep him engaged with the team. We don’t want another situation where he loses all interest and we have another useless player on the books. Gbamin isn’t necessarily ready either, so it makes sense.

If he pulls any crap though, I wouldn’t hesitate to sub him. And I understand the shouts to never play him again. I’m about there with him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.