2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else remember the games Vs Watford last year, we out muscled out battled and lacked any real significant presence in midfield a loss and a draw. Simply put we were out grocked by them in midfield last year.

Make no mistake about it JP helped us in this regard yesterday.
Definitely helped us, Watford didn't dominate us in the middle like they have done. He's a physical presence no doubt and decent in the air as well. I thought for his home debut in a new league he performed very well. Lots more to come from this guy.

Two clean sheets whilst he’s bedding in. Early signs are positive. He’s in the game even if not everything comes off for him. Give me that over the anonymous crabs we’ve had in the past.

Agree with this! He overhit a few so is still finding his range (and also easily done when tired) but at least it shows he can spot a runner! Once he’s up to speed and hitting the target consistently we’ll be buzzing with the signing

He was brilliant in the first half but tired in the second and became a bit sloppy which is understandable.

It says a lot that Marco is playing him instead of Davies especially so early in his time here - he’ll be very good for us and £22.5m will be seen as a bargain.

Obviously there are factors why they weren’t but If only Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi and Sidibe were signed at the beginning of the window as opposed to late in the window, they might be up to match fitness. It’s imperative we grind out results wIt our current starting 11, until their up to speed.

Hope Silva sticks with him against Villa rather than bringing Schneiderlin back in. He lacked that bit of composure at times against Watford and some of his passing went a bit awry but I think he’ll sort that out.

Hope Silva sticks with him against Villa rather than bringing Schneiderlin back in. He lacked that bit of composure at times against Watford and some of his passing went a bit awry but I think he’ll sort that out.
I think he’ll stick with him

Morgan is such a fool, needless first yellow aswell, might lose him his place in the side for a while.

Obviously there are factors why they weren’t but If only Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi and Sidibe were signed at the beginning of the window as opposed to late in the window, they might be up to match fitness. It’s imperative we grind out results wIt our current starting 11, until their up to speed.

As I said before, the current team were putting out was good enough to put the best teams to the sword at the backend of last season, so should be good enough to do well in this opening period. There's only been two changes from that, and the one in Central defence isn't hurting so far.

Definitely helped us, Watford didn't dominate us in the middle like they have done. He's a physical presence no doubt and decent in the air as well. I thought for his home debut in a new league he performed very well. Lots more to come from this guy.
Not a criticism of Gbamin, who I thought started the game pretty well before fading and showed plenty of promise, but Watford absolutely did dominate us in the middle. We were second best from about 25 minutes on, mainly because their midfield completely outplayed ours. We just couldn't get a foothold on the game at all, don't let the scoreline fool you.

Status
Not open for further replies.