2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a terrible game yet still got 2 of our best chances. That's why he's in the team I suppose. Would like to rest him once Iwobi is fit though

I’m not sure, I really think Richarlison’s overall game is being limited on the right, considering he likes to cut inside on his stronger foot and get shots away
It would be nice though if he could be effective without that being his only move. There is definitely more to his game. At the moment he's kind of forced to play the right because he's the one who handled it the best even if he is better on the left.

Had a terrible game yet still got 2 of our best chances. That's why he's in the team I suppose. Would like to rest him once Iwobi is fit though

Set up by Siggy, but some clowns also want him dropped.

Thing is if he does need a rest im sure Silva wont think twice about doing so

Set up by Siggy, but some clowns also want him dropped.

Thing is if he does need a rest im sure Silva wont think twice about doing so
Digne can take free kicks too. This isn't the right thread for that discussion however.

They weren't sitters for what it's worth. The first had to be right in the corner to beat Foster and the second was a tough one because he was in front of the front post.

He's always going to come in for criticism when he isn't scoring, mainly because he isn't all that easy on the eye, and as such doesn't really wow the crowd other than when he's getting on the end of a through ball or a cross.

As long as he maintains his work rate, he'll always be worth accommodating in order to get those 10-15 goals he's good for.

It would be nice though if he could be effective without that being his only move. There is definitely more to his game. At the moment he's kind of forced to play the right because he's the one who handled it the best even if he is better on the left.
Yeah which is why I didn’t think it made too much sense spending £40m on another winger who can’t play on the right, someone like Malcom for example would have been better imo (allowing Richarlison on the left)

Yeah which is why I didn’t think it made too much sense spending £40m on another winger who can’t play on the right, someone like Malcom for example would have been better imo (allowing Richarlison on the left)
It makes sense to sign good players when available. If Iwobi is good we can worry about the positioning after that. Maybe he plays centrally or whatever needs to be done but first mission for us should always be sign good players.

It makes sense to sign good players when available. If Iwobi is good we can worry about the positioning after that. Maybe he plays centrally or whatever needs to be done but first mission for us should always be sign good players.
I would agree with this if the players signed significantly upgrade the team so someone like Zaha made sense, but I’m not sure Iwobi is a clear upgrade on Richarlison or Sigurdsson. But anyway we’ll see how Silva fits them all in as the season progresses

I would agree with this if the players signed significantly upgrade the team so someone like Zaha made sense, but I’m not sure Iwobi is a clear upgrade on Richarlison or Sigurdsson. But anyway we’ll see how Silva fits them all in as the season progresses
Iwobi is an upgrade on our creative play 100%. I think he will show that very quickly once he gets a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.