Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Player Valuation: £90m
So then, two games in and 4 points on the board without conceding a goal and it’s looking relatively positive. If we win the game at Villa we go top, at which point I’ll screenshot the league table and probably pack football in until next August and pretend to myself we won the league.

The last meeting in the Premier League between us was the 2015/16 season, with us comfortably slapping Villa about at their ground with goals from Funes Mori, Lennon and Lukaku, who has successfully doubled his body weight since that season. A quick glance at their line-up that day demonstrates why they went down and with punchable faces like Agbonlahor in the squad I wasn’t sad to see them go, it also meant we picked up Gueye cheaply so it worked out well.

I suspect we’ll see a similar starting XI to the Watford game. It’d be nice to have Kean start the game instead of DCL and for Gbamin to retain his place alongside Gomes, I think Gbamin is going to be a very good player and whilst it isn’t ideal to throw him in at the deep end it might actually do him a favour. There’s some doubt about Digne after he was subbed in the last 20 minutes against Watford but I’m hoping his powers of recovery are equal to Gomes and he’s fit to start. We’ll hopefully get a glimpse of Iwobi at some stage and see what sort of impact he can make, some suggest he’s better in Gylfi’s position so it’ll be interesting to see where we play him when he does make an appearance.

As for Aston Villa they’ve spent a fair bit of money this summer signing players I’ve never heard of for the most part, I think the best buy is probably Tom Heaton for a relatively low fee in todays market, he’s solid and dependable from what I remember at Burnley. I haven’t seen either of their games this season so if he’s had a few howlers already my previous comment looks a bit silly. I understand they started reasonably well against Spurs and then got picked apart but they probably didn’t expect to get anything from that game anyway, it’ll be more concerning to get turned over by Bournemouth at home though.

I saw a crazy stat that Jack Grealish became the first player to lose 20 straight Premier League games, a record he deserves for that hair-do alone. Here’s hoping we make it 21 and set them on their way to a bottom 3 finish. If we finish the season with Villa, Newcastle and West Ham relegated I’d be extremely happy.

I despise Villa.

My flight to Mexico lands at around 8pm our time, so instead of sharing in my Mrs' excitement at our welcome glass of bubbly I'll be checking my phone for score updates!!

We should be winning this. Get DCL out of that side and allow Kean to show us the future. 2-0.

So then, two games in and 4 points on the board without conceding a goal and it’s looking relatively positive. If we win the game at Villa we go top, at which point I’ll screenshot the league table and probably pack football in until next August and pretend to myself we won the league.

The last meeting in the Premier League between us was the 2015/16 season, with us comfortably slapping Villa about at their ground with goals from Funes Mori, Lennon and Lukaku, who has successfully doubled his body weight since that season. A quick glance at their line-up that day demonstrates why they went down and with punchable faces like Agbonlahor in the squad I wasn’t sad to see them go, it also meant we picked up Gueye cheaply so it worked out well.

View attachment 65390 View attachment 65391

View attachment 65392 View attachment 65393

I suspect we’ll see a similar starting XI to the Watford game. It’d be nice to have Kean start the game instead of DCL and for Gbamin to retain his place alongside Gomes, I think Gbamin is going to be a very good player and whilst it isn’t ideal to throw him in at the deep end it might actually do him a favour. There’s some doubt about Digne after he was subbed in the last 20 minutes against Watford but I’m hoping his powers of recovery are equal to Gomes and he’s fit to start. We’ll hopefully get a glimpse of Iwobi at some stage and see what sort of impact he can make, some suggest he’s better in Gylfi’s position so it’ll be interesting to see where we play him when he does make an appearance.

As for Aston Villa they’ve spent a fair bit of money this summer signing players I’ve never heard of for the most part, I think the best buy is probably Tom Heaton for a relatively low fee in todays market, he’s solid and dependable from what I remember at Burnley. I haven’t seen either of their games this season so if he’s had a few howlers already my previous comment looks a bit silly. I understand they started reasonably well against Spurs and then got picked apart but they probably didn’t expect to get anything from that game anyway, it’ll be more concerning to get turned over by Bournemouth at home though.

I saw a crazy stat that Jack Grealish became the first player to lose 20 straight Premier League games, a record he deserves for that hair-do alone. Here’s hoping we make it 21 and set them on their way to a bottom 3 finish. If we finish the season with Villa, Newcastle and West Ham relegated I’d be extremely happy.

View attachment 65395 View attachment 65394

Nice work mate. I didn't realise you had an interest in football.

Omg lots of words and pictures. GOT's golden age returns. Will read now.

Oh it's bungle. All aboard the warp train.

Anyone else experiencing RS cultists, turning up in the alehouse, in full kit, for our televised away games?

They truly are a bizarre bunch of beauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.