Gary Lineker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pe
Seen that said before. I dont get that feeling. As said already on here he's very complimentary when asked about his time at Everton.
Swear some think he should be wearing an Everton scarf everytime he's on motd.
People forget that he was only really with us one season, and that he played longer than that for every other club he played for including that Japanese club. That one season he knocked in 38 goals and then we got shut? If he did dislike us (and I have never got the feeling he does) then he would have pretty decent grounds to?

Pe

People forget that he was only really with us one season, and that he played longer than that for every other club he played for including that Japanese club. That one season he knocked in 38 goals and then we got shut? If he did dislike us (and I have never got the feeling he does) then he would have pretty decent grounds to?
Being banned from Europe had its effects even our Manager went..... plus Trevor Stephen........etc.....

Did we get first refusal on him when he went to Spurs after Barca? Seems odd that we didn't take that up if so, like Liverpool with Rush after his year at Juve.

Watched him score this as a kid sitting in the top balcony with my Dad looking right down on it - incredible goal to see, couldn't believe the pace of him, total Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Video doesn't really do my memory of it justice, plus he's outrunning a pair of ale tanks - still looks good though.

After saving him from his rs supporting family, this was my nephews first game.

He was outstanding for us in his time. Shame he left for reasons out our (and possibly his) control.
p.s Off the subject, but the missus just came home from work with a new mug for me, love it. :coffee::dance:

Attachments

• 1A3D8FD1-4150-450C-8400-22DE1590B9F0.jpeg
    1A3D8FD1-4150-450C-8400-22DE1590B9F0.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 0E41CC3F-8A59-4865-9FED-2FC04999CD42.jpeg
    0E41CC3F-8A59-4865-9FED-2FC04999CD42.jpeg
    548.9 KB · Views: 85

We all know that season we should have won the double.Lineker did all he could and more to try and achieve that. He had a fantastic season.People would be remembering that season forever in complete positive comments,especially if we had won the cup final which we all still have nightmares about.

thats false.
Hes always said that out of all the teams hes played for the one with the best midfield and the one that provided him with the most chances was Everton.
Yes he has but that doesn't mean he likes us. I feel he gives us sympathy and can be slightly patronising at times about us. Could be just the way he is i guess.

Seen that said before. I dont get that feeling. As said already on here he's very complimentary when asked about his time at Everton.
Swear some think he should be wearing an Everton scarf everytime he's on motd.
Ye me too, I do I think he sympathises a lot with us and can be quite piss taking to be honest. Oh God no I wouldn't want anyone wearing an Everton scarf, never mind on motd tacky.

Incredible finisher but playing him meant Sheedy played so deep his was virtually left back. Much preferred the set up of the season before.

Status
Not open for further replies.