Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

soo ive tapered down off the 40mg to 20mg to nothing (for 3 days) of fluexitine and gone back on to Citalapram 20mg

im already feeling a lot better within myself , im feeling awfully tired and have slept a lot, not in a depressed sense but just totally worn out.

to be honest the last 12 months have seen me chopping and changing meds and trying to find the best ones for me, in the end it has just worn me out.

taking the wrong ones on a high dose, tapering down and what comes with it and then starting new meds which takes weeks to kick in properly all has had an adverse affect on my well being.

im determined to stick to this citalopram now, Im just hoping the nightmares subside …

got my HGV theory tests on Tuesday and need to be on point to make sure I pass .. plenty of good sleep needed.

ive got theory first in the morning, hazard perception test at midday and then CPC test in the afternoon.. im not very good in test enviroments and this will be super hard for me to do all in one day.
Good luck with the tests

soo ive tapered down off the 40mg to 20mg to nothing (for 3 days) of fluexitine and gone back on to Citalapram 20mg

im already feeling a lot better within myself , im feeling awfully tired and have slept a lot, not in a depressed sense but just totally worn out.

to be honest the last 12 months have seen me chopping and changing meds and trying to find the best ones for me, in the end it has just worn me out.

taking the wrong ones on a high dose, tapering down and what comes with it and then starting new meds which takes weeks to kick in properly all has had an adverse affect on my well being.

im determined to stick to this citalopram now, Im just hoping the nightmares subside …

got my HGV theory tests on Tuesday and need to be on point to make sure I pass .. plenty of good sleep needed.

ive got theory first in the morning, hazard perception test at midday and then CPC test in the afternoon.. im not very good in test enviroments and this will be super hard for me to do all in one day.

Good luck bud! Keep us posted

@MrD just checking in with you buddy :) we are all wondering how you been
How’s it going @MrD
Hi fellas. Thanks for the concern. I'm in no place to complain after reading a few of the recent events in this thread but....

I'm not doing very good. I just can't shake these feelings of regret and severe unhappiness. I'm utterly miserable.

Lots of negative thoughts that just take over me. I'm fantasizing about not being around anymore but I'm still around so it can't be that bad I guess.

Don't be worried. I'm just an utter failure who people will say is feeling sorry for himself.

Hi fellas. Thanks for the concern. I'm in no place to complain after reading a few of the recent events in this thread but....

I'm not doing very good. I just can't shake these feelings of regret and severe unhappiness. I'm utterly miserable.

Lots of negative thoughts that just take over me. I'm fantasizing about not being around anymore but I'm still around so it can't be that bad I guess.

Don't be worried. I'm just an utter failure who people will say is feeling sorry for himself.

Not at all. You’ve been through the wringer nobody is gonna suggest anything. Have you made any decision on speaking to your mum or GP or anything?

There are people who who love you and would miss you so don't think like that. What about your daughter?
Have you given any more thoughts about moving in with yo Mum. I completely get what you are saying but in your Mum's defence she is doing it because she cares. I am one of those mothers too! You want to fix every problem for your kids (regardless of age) and if they are hurting then so are you. Sometimes it expresses itself as overbearing and ( dare I say it) as nagging! Perhaps you could lay some ground rules like Mum is only allowed to ask you if you are Ok twice a day and not constantly make suggestions as to what you should or should not be doing. In return you will tell her what things you have done to get yourself back to a better place.

What's done is done and you can't undo what has gone before. Concentrate on looking forward. You will get there. Don't be too hard on yourself either. Be kind to yourself. If you were your mate what you say to him? I bet it would not be a catalogue of how rubbish he is.

Not at all. You’ve been through the wringer nobody is gonna suggest anything. Have you made any decision on speaking to your mum or GP or anything?
Yes I spoke to mum. I'm staying here for a little bit until my universal credit goes through but it's not going to be a sweet ride. We clash a lot. She's not the most tolerant of women.

Still have to decide what I'm doing in terms of moving into a place of my own back in North Wales. I just know it'll knock me sideways living in an empty bedsit or 1 bed flat.

I was put on 50mg sertraline last week which has just made me tired. It has calmed down my anxiety a little but has done nothing so far for my thought process but I know it could take weeks to kick in

I have been referred to talk to someone by the doctor. That is north Wales though, not sure if I should try and change it to Liverpool or what. I think I need to.speak to someone but I'm fully aware of what's going on with me, why I went into a spiral of depression and self loathing.

I know what I've done right and everything I've done wrong. So I'm not sure how talking to someone will help but I'm sure it may.

We lived in a beautiful place, my ex-missus is beautiful and I'm still in love with her. Our little girl is just perfect and I'm mourning that I've lost that. Like really struggling to come to terms with it.

My mum and sister have gone pretty "time to accept it" and I have accepted it. I just hate it. It's made me spend way too much time wondering and googling about suicide.

Again, don't worry. My mind can be very very defeatist so these type of thoughts are nothing new. Not had them this strong though.

I love my two women so much.

Yes I spoke to mum. I'm staying here for a little bit until my universal credit goes through but it's not going to be a sweet ride. We clash a lot. She's not the most tolerant of women.

Still have to decide what I'm doing in terms of moving into a place of my own back in North Wales. I just know it'll knock me sideways living in an empty bedsit or 1 bed flat.

I was put on 50mg sertraline last week which has just made me tired. It has calmed down my anxiety a little but has done nothing so far for my thought process but I know it could take weeks to kick in

I have been referred to talk to someone by the doctor. That is north Wales though, not sure if I should try and change it to Liverpool or what. I think I need to.speak to someone but I'm fully aware of what's going on with me, why I went into a spiral of depression and self loathing.

I know what I've done right and everything I've done wrong. So I'm not sure how talking to someone will help but I'm sure it may.

We lived in a beautiful place, my ex-missus is beautiful and I'm still in love with her. Our little girl is just perfect and I'm mourning that I've lost that. Like really struggling to come to terms with it.

My mum and sister have gone pretty "time to accept it" and I have accepted it. I just hate it. It's made me spend way too much time wondering and googling about suicide.

Again, don't worry. My mind can be very very defeatist so these type of thoughts are nothing new. Not had them this strong though.

Is right mate. Tiny steps, just take every day as it comes, it hurts and you’ll shed a million tears but if you can just get over this bump you’ll be alright, your little girl will still love her dad — as for the girls mum only you can work that one out. But for now concentrate on getting yourself straight for now

As for the one bedroom flat thing, yes it’s grim absolutely bottom of the pride swallowing life, but once you get it. You can concentrate on making it a proud home for your daughter once she comes to stay, she won’t care what it’s like as long as her dad is there. I promise cos I did the exact same thing.

Is right mate. Tiny steps, just take every day as it comes, it hurts and you’ll shed a million tears but if you can just get over this bump you’ll be alright, your little girl will still love her dad — as for the girls mum only you can work that one out. But for now concentrate on getting yourself straight for now

As for the one bedroom flat thing, yes it’s grim absolutely bottom of the pride swallowing life, but once you get it. You can concentrate on making it a proud home for your daughter once she comes to stay, she won’t care what it’s like as long as her dad is there. I promise cos I did the exact same thing.

From just last week, you have made fantastic progress on the outside. Getting a place is one of the most important things so at least you have the comfort of a safe living. Part of Maslows Heiarchy of needs. And when you get your own flat, be proud of it and own it. I know I am happy for you. I even told my wife about you and we are both rooting for you. And when I come up to Liverpool for the Arsenal game, I want you to be there and shake my hand. We are all very proud of you buddy. Keep that chin up and keep chugging forward. And please do take the advise of the doctor. Please go talk with his referral especially if you are talking about ending your own life. Im from America but here is a number I found on line for a helpline: 0151 706 0624.... This is the Liverpool Mental Health Crisis Team. Please give them a call if your feelings worsen to where you are unable to get professional help at the time.