Gary Lineker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season before - Champions
40 goals in 40 appearances for Everton, great excitement and superstar status, but the sad fact is we won nowt with him.
That loss at Oxford while the RS were winning at Leicester was crucial.
HK recognised that we were too reliant upon him that one season to the detriment of the team success in terms of trophies.
Season after - Champions

40 goals in 40 appearances for Everton, great excitement and superstar status, but the sad fact is we won nowt with him.
HK recognised that we were too reliant upon him that one season to the detriment of the team success in terms of trophies.
Season after - Champions
Reading Sharpys autobiography he stated nothing to do with Lineker and his boots he and the rest of the team fluffed the chances nothing to do with boots....
Poor excuse for bad finishing.....

" and it's Lineker to chase.. just look at his pace "

(Sure it was Luton at home)

It was. FA Cup Replay ......left Steve Foster and his headband for dead and lobbed the keeper into the net at the St. End. I still think we changed playing style a bit that year to just feed Lineker. He offered nothing when we didn’t have the ball, but once we did in the final third he was electric. It may have been one of the years there was limited tv coverage and unless you were there, it may have been missed as to how good he was at slotting. He had a great team around him who provided him with chance after chance.....and he usually delivered. It was Everton, that one year, that was career defining for him.....his hat trick in Mexico came about because Robson was left with no other option than to select Trevor Steven who he had built up an incredible relationship with.

He scored goal after goal in Royal Blue but at the end of the day he got an offer few could refuse. The Oxford story and the bottomed boots overshadow what he did do; how we lost the league that year is bigger than Lineker, but that seems to define his time here. People say Lukaku offered little else but was a finisher in the box, others say Cottee, even Yak, all relatively recent names, but I tell you, they were nothing on Lineker. But, for all his goals, there is little love for the lad for his time here. Other stuff happened, we know that,,,,but he was an incredible goal scorer.

Before my time.
Weird how as he ages he looks more and more like a gay musketeer. Suave af.
Love watching the ukips (auto-corrects to hoops haha) froth at the mouth on twitter whenever he says something that hints he may have a soul, so for that he's alright by me.

Season after - Champions
I think injuries to Reid, Van Den Hauwe and Southall hurt us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.