2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results have been ok but we’ve only played palace and Watford.

Palace had their best player on the bench for most of the game plus their 1st choice centre back pairing missing. Only 2 great Pickford saves prevented us from losing that game.

Yesterday Pickford’s save from Deeney again saves us from conceding.

4 points from 6 is a very good start and players are still trying to blend but we’ve hardly been dominating games, creating chances and keeping it really tight.

Thankfully I think we’ll continue to improve but I’m certainly not getting carried away

Palace had their best player on the bench for most of the game plus their 1st choice centre back pairing missing. Only 2 great Pickford saves prevented us from losing that game.

4 points from 6 is a very good start and players are still trying to blend but we’ve hardly been dominating games, creating chances and keeping it really tight.

Thankfully I think we’ll continue to improve but I’m certainly not getting carried away

Yeah but I am sure 12 months ago we wouldn’t have won yesterday

He gets no credit when we play well but the result doesn’t go our way, so he can’t also get the blame if we win but haven’t played that well. It’s a results business so we have to judge on that. That lot over the park only played well for half a season last term but happily accepted results even when they played poorly.

We got two points from these games last year so I'd say it's an improvement.
Points gained when you're not playing well are massively important

Often waits too long, and usually a basic like for like, rather than tactically changing a system to win back control.
I think he's more motivated to keep his job and put an end to the constant moves he's made. That might see him be less audacious in his choice of subs...and formations adopted.

Big shout out to Marco, a squad in transition, massive injuries and bagged the three points yesterday, momentum and continuity from last season had to be the aim given the context, hes done well so far managing the situation.
Oh my god, transition and continuity, utter bulb

We've got a relatively easy schedule until late November then a BRUTAL one to about Christmas. He NEEDS to make sure we don't go in to a tailspin again like last year or I don't think he'll see it out this time.

Tough game up next against Aston Villa. They’re looking for their first points of the season and Jack Grealish has lost 20 consecutive Premier League games in which he has played. Please, for once, don’t let us be the team that others break their duck against.

I actually think this game will suit us more than the first two matches as we will be playing an opposition who will attack and that should leave plenty of space for our forwards to exploit. Aston Villa have been competitive in their matches but if we score first and they come onto us then Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and Kean will wreck absolute havoc.

Agreed mate. We also conceded a couple of throw-ins against United last season that I haven’t forgotten.

....but we’ve had plenty of fitness problems ourselves, as well as playing a chunk against a Palace with 10 men. It’s a good time for these teams to face us. Anything we get until we get up to speed is a major plus.

I had my doubts a few times last season but you have to applaud how much we’ve improved defensively (open play and set pieces). Clean sheets are boss and our form since February can’t be ignored.

All we need is our attackers to put their chances away (Richarlison and Moise twice each yesterday) and we’ll be a nightmare to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.