2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS FLASH

It’s not the lad's fault we don’t have Aguero & Jesus in the squad.
He came into the side displacing Mirallas, because he offered more than him.
£18million Niasse can’t displace him.
£40million Tosun can’t displaced him.
Theo Walcott (Arsenal & England, who can allegedly play up the middle)...

We all hope Moise Kean will be a sensation, but he’s a young kid who’ll need to be nurtured (& judging on yesterday, he’s not fit yet).

So he’s the best option we’ve got. That’s not his fault.

He’s an U18 WC winner. Works his socks off, never gives less than 100%.
Will he ever be a goal scorer? Probably not, but it’s a team game, he’s there to bully defenders, hold the ball up & create space, which for his age, he’s doing a good job of. He’ll only get better.

Cut the lad some slack FFS!!!

Where did you get those prices!?

This lad is utter crap. One of the worst strikers we’ve ever had

NEWS FLASH

We all hope Moise Kean will be a sensation, but he’s a young kid who’ll need to be nurtured (& judging on yesterday, he’s not fit yet).

Will he ever be a goal scorer? Probably not, but it’s a team game, he’s there to bully defenders, hold the ball up & create space, which for his age, he’s doing a good job of. He’ll only get better.

Shows how crap Niasse / Tosun and Walcott must be then

He's just not a threat or aggressive enough for me. Up to now he hasn't looked anywhere near likely to score.

NEWS FLASH

Mate we didn’t spend 40m on tuson or 18m on niasse . Winning the youth World Cup doesn’t really mean a lot as 90% of the players in the tournament will never be decent prem players and playing for their country at that level will be the height of their careers. Running around and giving 100% is selmthing every single prem footballer should do as a minimum. If I was given a start I would give 100% but I would still be dog tang. He offers no goal threat at all, I mean nothing. He hasn’t had a shot this season and scored no goals in the 13 starts he had at the back end of last season. Keane had 20 minutes and had two efforts on goal. People saying that DCL doesn’t get chances because of our midfield doesn’t really wash when Keane has two attempts in 20 mins playing in the same team. He’s not good enough and never will be so why play him? I mean I know we have to now because he’s one of basically two options but we should be moving him on while he’s still “ young” and hopefully some club will believe he is going to improve and spend 20m on him. If we keep him for 2-3 years and he’s still cack then nobody will pay decent money for him and we would have wasted 2-3 seasons struggling to score goals.

Surely he can be coached for another position because he will never be a striker
I don't know, to me he is one of those like Dwight Gayle or Patrick Bamford who are too good for the Championship but not quite good enough for the PL, might do better abroad somewhere tbh.

I think that move where Gylfi played him in and he fell and claimed for a penalty sums him up really.

He is no goal threat whatsoever, even last week v Palace that chance he had any defender would have been proud of that, calling it a fantastic clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.