2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all his stats, I’m most interested in successful tackle, interception and repossession. This is his bread and butter and the most important part of the game he need to improve. If he can manage 75% of what Gana did, he will be immense for us because his attacking talent will offset his defensive deficiency.
You don’t know what he’s been signed for tbh. I’m not sure he’s meant to be a like for like for Gana.

You don’t know what he’s been signed for tbh. I’m not sure he’s meant to be a like for like for Gana.

He is definitely more than capable of defensive midfield role with the ability to roam forward and join in the attack. He is physically strong and defensively sound. If there is a need for someone in the team to tackle, intercept and repossess, I’m sure he will be ask to accomplish this ahead of Gomes. Someone need to win the ball in the middle of the park, or we will see winger and fullback all over the pitch doing something that is the priority for either of our center midfielders.
Box to box does not mean he shouldn’t be doing doing the dirty work. Nothing wrong with being as efficient as Gana. Not sure why many choose he rather not be. Box to box with Gana ability is our ultimate aim.

Prey he makes it. Goodison is massive compared to Mainz. Then again, Goodison is massive compared to any club in the World...

Looked sharper than he did against palace and very tidy first half. Off the boil in the 2nd half but so were the rest of the team.

Think he will be very good once he gets up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.