Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The balls being used this season are a joke. Far too bouncy. Players are having to wait an age for the ball to come down. Even the likes of Gomes are having difficulty bringing the ball down and under control. Making for a very scrappy game. Not just at Goodison either.
I wonder which club benefits from scrappy games and which rival of theirs prefers games that the ball stays on the floor?

As others have said...ref is poor.

How is that not a 2nd yellow for Capoue on bernard? Schmeiderlin was off for less last week.

Would like to see Iwobi and Kean given a chance in the second half. There are goals in this game for us and both will be dying to impress.
This. DCL, Sig, and even Richarlison have nothing for this today. Iwobi and Kean will bring the energy we need to put a crap side like Watford out before 70 minutes

Positive signs early on.

Lost our way after 25 or so. This is set up for us to counter them. They're not great going forward and we'll get loads of chances. Wouldn't mind seeing Kean and Iwobi relatively early on if we don't start strongly.

Sig or Bernard need to come off. Not sure Bernard deserves the hook after scoring, but there is a gaping triangle between DCL, Bernard, and Sig right now.

Overall we've looked okay. We just lost our composure from the 35th and it went a bit ragged. Rich scores that header and we'd have settled right back down.

Del is pinning onto Keane and Keane isn't being smart. Not giving himself a yard and going touch tight too often.

Overall bright, just need a bit more composure on the ball.

To be fair I don't think Gbamin is having a good game, he's having an ok game, he looks very ponderous when he gets the ball, i'm terrified.

Personally thought he was decent bearing in mind hes only had a short period at the club, like 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.