Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god
Please elaborate.

My good memories of Goodison is hearing Z Cars kick in and then the noise level gradually raises as everyone gets a first glimpse of team coming out of the tunnel. Now we’ll have to look at a flag.

A forced atmosphere is not needed, especially on one of the few games you’re guaranteed a big atmosphere i.e. the first home game.

Its a bit Kim Jung-un.

Wonder whats the reasoning, is it for kids, is it TV market, is it supposed to distract from other less or not acceptable behaviours of support. Maybe a free memento of a day out for some!?

No one has to wave them. Just roll it up, put it in your pocket and place it in the front window of your home.

Please elaborate.

My good memories of Goodison is hearing Z Cars kick in and then the noise level gradually raises as everyone gets a first glimpse of team coming out of the tunnel. Now we’ll have to look at a flag.

A forced atmosphere is not needed, especially on one of the few games you’re guaranteed a big atmosphere i.e. the first home game.
I disagree mate.
For too long now, after the initial buzz as the teams come out, it goes totally flat, literal silence for long periods of time. I am bored of the 5000 away fans telling us "our support is f"""""""""" s"""""" or asking if this is a library. It has been like this for years now.

While I do not like the flags and have laughed at chelsea for doing this for years, something needs to be done because a bit of a roar when zcars comes on and a bit of a booing when the ref goes against us is not nearly enough atmosphere.

Not bothered either way.....I have more pressing matters like whether to have beans or fried tomatoes with my fry up. Now that is what I am more worried about.

I disagree mate.
For too long now, after the initial buzz as the teams come out, it goes totally flat, literal silence for long periods of time. I am bored of the 5000 away fans telling us "our support is f"""""""""" s"""""" or asking if this is a library. It has been like this for years now.

While I do not like the flags and have laughed at chelsea for doing this for years, something needs to be done because a bit of a roar when zcars comes on and a bit of a booing when the ref goes against us is not nearly enough atmosphere.

Think that song is the 1st thing on away supporters agenda regardless of the atmosphere and regardless of what ground they are at but I do agree that apart from the top 6 the atmosphere is one of expectancy to wipe the floor with the opposition. If that is not happening then the grumbles commence quite early and we rarely get behind the team. Top 6 is a different matter. If we are going toe to toe with a top 6 side then the atmosphere is cracking but again if we are not competitive enough we will sit back quietly and hence the library.

Is our club a family? Most of us have been mortified wearing something that our mother bought us.

The flags are there already, so every other clubs fans will take the **** no matter what. It's up to us to decide whether we are so insecure that we agree with the outsiders and belittle our own family, or have the courage to tough it out, wave the flags like lunatics for 90+ minutes, make the biggest noise ever in Goodison and make them feel like they're the ones left out.

Anyway, if we don't, she mightn't buy us that shiny Blue Wall at Bramley Moore that we want for Christmas.

Reactions: gmb

Please elaborate.

m8 you can still roar them on when you see them it's not being taken away from you, It's not a forced atmosphere, It's trying to improve it so many fans complain of GP being toxic/silent only loud when a tackle goes in or a ref gets a decision wrong nothing wrong with this maybe it'll make the players go the extra mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.