Poll: Your starting 11 v Watford

Your starting 11 v Watford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game for Sigurdsson this I think. The two lads at CM could really do with him dropping in more as a 3rd CM rather than him playing off the striker.

Pretty sure Silva wants him as a 2nd striker tho. So not really Gylfi to blame if hes not dropping into CM
I think this is an interesting point. I’ve always felt that with his lack of pace but great passing range he would make a great Pirlo like CM. Marco never gives this a go though and like you say seems to play him as a second striker.

Obs he will know better than me but I’d like to see him deeper alongside Gbamin or Davis for this one. Then I’d put Iwobi on as he’s better than Walcott in the number 10 slot interchanging with Bernard.

Then the question is Kean or DCL. Kean would be a gamble but surely the combined pace of him Richie and Bernard/Iwobi would put teams off attacking us and playing a high line. I’d love to see Kean but I don’t think Marco will give up on DCL after 1 game that was on the first days and would always be awkward. Also with Gomes and Snides it just became a farce.

That’s my take on it then!!!

Can't understand why, given the obvious lack of goal power in pre-season and against Palace, no-one, apart from me, is considering Walcott as a dual striker.
Because you'd be just handing the ball to the opposition. We were about the worse in the league in that department last year, which is why Silva finally benched him.

I'd like to see us just have one DM/CM and test our firepower for a change.

Or

Proper 433 in my opinion. Get Gbamin holding with Davies and Delph alongside. Front three of Bernard Kean Richarlison which could turn into a diamon with Bernard tucking in and Richarlison joining Kean up top.

This would require dropping Sigmund fraud though and playing something different than 4231 which no Everton manager is ever going to do so probably will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.