2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
....”we will have deffo offered him a new contract, cos even if he doesn’t sign it we have to offer him a contract...”.

Will we have to have offered him a contract at this point? I’d have thought a contract offer has to be on the table before this one expires. Also, I think he cost £6m, I presume we will be entitled to compensation because of his age?

He can sign a pre-contract in January.

I mean im just guessing, if we are talking about it, you can be sure that somebody at the club has talked about it.

In order for us to get compo we need to give him a new contract on improved terms in writing.

But none of that matters if he goes Abroad.

....”we will have deffo offered him a new contract, cos even if he doesn’t sign it we have to offer him a contract...”.

Will we have to have offered him a contract at this point? I’d have thought a contract offer has to be on the table before this one expires. Also, I think he cost £6m, I presume we will be entitled to compensation because of his age?
We'd only be entitled to compensation if we offered him a new contract on at least the same wages as he was previously on, which I think is what @MarcelsGoat was saying.

Please do not remind me of that RAT.

Wasnt really his fault, he did what was best for him.

The club however dropped the ball BIG TIME.

Negotiations for a contract extension began in May 2009. Gosling declared "there's no other club I'd rather be at",[14] however no extension was agreed and his contract with Everton expired on 30 June 2010.[15] During contract negotiations Gosling was represented by David Hodgson, a solicitor and former professional football player.

On 6 July 2010, the Daily Mirror reported that the PFCC tribunal's decision allowed Gosling to leave Everton under the Bosman ruling with no compensation being paid by the club who sign the player.[16] The Daily Mail reported that the player earned £8,000 per week and had rejected a verbal offer of a £15,000 a week contract from Everton.[17] Everton were required to submit a contract with better terms than the existing contract to Gosling before the 30 May deadline to enable the club to receive compensation from any English club interested in signing Gosling. The compensation amount has been reported as being as high as £4million.

The PFCC tribunal based their decision on Everton's contract offer being verbally arranged and not in writing: had the contract been in writing the Merseyside club would have been entitled to compensation should Gosling have moved to another English club (but not to a non-English club) as he is under 24 years of age. The tribunal's decision also meant that Gosling's previous club Plymouth Argyle would receive no monetary amount despite a sell-on clause in Gosling's Everton contract.[18] As the playing contract expired Everton and Plymouth are also no longer entitled to solidarity contributions despite the player being registered with the clubs before he turned 23.[19] During the season Plymouth went into administration.

He can sign a pre-contract in January.

I mean im just guessing, if we are talking about it, you can be sure that somebody at the club has talked about it.

In order for us to get compo we need to give him a new contract on improved terms in writing.

But none of that matters if he goes Abroad.

...absolutely, but that offer could be made in the next few months.

...I know that, but @MarcelsGoat said we must’ve have done so but I’m suggesting the contract offer has to be made before his current deal expires.

We have to offer him a contract before 30th May.

Im only guessing, but I cant imagine we would go to him on the 29th May, plus he can sign a precontract abroad in January, so again, just guessing, but im almost certain we would have at least had a convo.

...I know that, but @MarcelsGoat said we must’ve have done so but I’m suggesting the contract offer has to be made before his current deal expires.
Oh. It's just that you said 'I assume we'll be entitled to compensation because of his age' as if you didn't know at all. How confusing.

Oh. It's just that you said 'I assume we'll be entitled to compensation because of his age' as if you didn't know at all. How confusing.

...yep, I admit to not knowing for certain if we’ll be entitled to compensation because we bought Gibson. I assume we will because he was only a youngster when we brought him in. Apologies if I confused.

Bottom line, i’d be very interested to know if Gibson has been offered a new contract. If he has, he might have no intention of signing it.

...yep, I admit to not knowing for certain if we’ll be entitled to compensation because we bought Gibson. I assume we will because he was only a youngster when we brought him in. Apologies if I confused.

Bottom line, i’d be very interested to know if Gibson has been offered a new contract. If he has, he might have no intention of signing it.
Right. The answer is what I said earlier, which you said you already knew. So it was quite confusing. The fact we bought him isn't relevant, although it may affect the amount, as there would be an argument as to how much of his development was due to us.

I'm with marcelsgoat that we are almost certain to have spoken to him about it, but whether a formal offer is on the table I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.