2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed that bit when I first watched it.
Sounds like he shoe-horned it in.

Oh deffo. Probably got an electric shock to remind him. Lets face it, every clubs player interviews are just PR. We laugh at the RS telling players to say "Best club ever" etc etc, but we all do it.

That said, he seems a nice kid.

Not sure how fit he is but would love to see a tiny appearance. Excited to see his exact position or if he will be given the freedom to roam.

Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Richarlison, with Davies and Walcott to cover. Lots of options and depth for the 3 behind the striker, so they will have to produce to nail down a starting spot. Hopefully that competition brings the best out of all of them.

The underlying issue, and one that he may struggle with, is the lack of players we get in the box. You can only retain that level of "pass rate into the box" if there are players in the box. We'll see, but you very rarely see two or three players in the box never mind the five or six he was probably familiar with at Arsenal. I don't want to be overly negative, because I don't feel as though we've had a bad window, or have a bad squad for that matter, but another striker/attacking midfielder who likes to make runs into the box more frequently would have been a huge help for Iwobi, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.