Anti-Echo poll: What can be done to combat the constant snide approach the Echo takes towards EFC?

How does Everton deal with the (frankly disgraceful) coverage of the Liverpool Echo?

• Ignore the Echo, lar. It's solely for RS and other such beauts

Votes: 187 45.9%
  • Get some boss banners highlighting to the world how despised the rag is by the first club of Mersey

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Start a total boycott of it and encourage the club to do the same.

Votes: 108 26.5%
  • Demand an open fan forum with the Editor and journalists. What is their problem with Everton?

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Peas or custard?

Votes: 42 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton lads that work there are sound. Some of them would even admit there needs to be more focus on Everton.

The Echo on a whole is awful though, it's not just the footy coverage.

The Everton lads that work there are sound. Some of them would even admit there needs to be more focus on Everton.

The Echo on a whole is awful though, it's not just the footy coverage.

It has an absolute fascination with the city's criminal underclass, it panders to all the stereotypes that people, who don't live here, have of our great city.

It's a rag.

It has an absolute fascination with the city's criminal underclass, it panders to all the stereotypes that people, who don't live here, have of our great city.

It's a rag.

Here's 37 things that mean you're a wool.

Stuff like that is just embarrassing. Don't think they have any actual journos there anymore, just bloggers with a few twitter followers.

As someone who doesn't live in Liverpool and only reads the Echo online occasionally, it does seem some of the complaints about its lack of quality journalism can be applied to any regional newspaper, where the main motivator is hits over content. I'm in Swansea and the same criticisms are aimed at Wales Online, our regional publication.

Sign of the times I guess.

I've been saying for years that the most effetive way to hurt the E**o is a total boycott from all Evertonians. I haven't read that flilthy rag for the best part of twenty years now, I wouldn't give them a click to read anything online and I wouldn't take a free copy if offered one. Until they've been hurt enough financially they have no reason to change. It goes far beyond the casual disdain of our club and a vomit inducing bias towards the RS. No its a disgraceful publication from top to bottom that hurts the imagine of this city with its continued excistance and it's endless cycle of crass garbage masquerading as journalism.

Now I have no interest in ever reading the E**o again regardless of how much changing they do, I'd be overjoyed if it went under and all the alleged "journalists" working there were out of the job. But if you're one of those people who still read the E**o and want it to be better then you need to boycott it compelty both online and the actual rag itself.

Boycott the:
FB_IMG_1565694073095.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the Echo...which has been called 'the Red Echo' just as much has it has been accused of 'being in Bill Kenwrights pocket' in the past.A regional newspaper with two massive football clubs in its catchment area will always have this 'problem'.
I get much more amusement out of the number of times the Daily Fail contrives not to mention Everton at all...even if we do a big transfer deal or in a review of a full Saturday fixture programme. Try it sometime...I never buy the Fail for its content, but just for the fun of seeing how they avoid mentioning Everton. I could guarantee that if we signed Neymar there would be a big article on how Barcelona missed out on him.

Given the recent onslaught of despicable "reporting" on Everton matters, do forum members reckon there should be some expression of anger from matchday support?

Please tell us via a vote

It doesn’t bother me in the least.

I neither buy the Echo nor do I read it either online or in print.

If it wasn’t for what I pick up on here I would forever be blissfully unaware of what the Echo says :)

And it is extremely easy to ignore the Echo.

I've lived in Liverpool my entire life, and I don't think I've ever bought the Echo once.

It's a typo-ridden joke of a paper, which would have Everton playing Championship football in the Bill Kenwright Arena, Kirkby, if it had its way.

As someone who doesn't live in Liverpool and only reads the Echo online occasionally, it does seem some of the complaints about its lack of quality journalism can be applied to any regional newspaper, where the main motivator is hits over content. I'm in Swansea and the same criticisms are aimed at Wales Online, our regional publication.

Sign of the times I guess.

You're in Swansea? You should have given us some sort of clue...

Status
Not open for further replies.