2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they stay fit we have a decent CB pairing, Keanes looking much more assured these days, his first season disaster is behind him, he's alright is keggers.

Not judging here in anyway and I never got no were near pro level .Its just puzzles me with professionals thou how they could have confidence issues as they are top of the pile and are better than millions of people who play footie .I think the biggest crowd I ever played in front of was at most 1-2 hundred so is it nerves before games that are hard to control or being in the constant spotlight which some people don't like but like any sport at elite level it must be so hard but maybe Keane is a shy quiet lad who needs a arm round the shoulder and needs a natural leader next to him to bring the best out of him?

....I just think Football is like any other occupation and not immune to folk who are impacted by even the simplest things going on in their lives. You think of Wayne Rooney who can experience an episode like he did with the drink driving incident, and then go out and play the following week as though nothing happened. They’re all different.

....I just think Football is like any other occupation and not immune to folk who are impacted by even the simplest things going on in their lives. You think of Wayne Rooney who can experience an episode like he did with the drink driving incident, and then go out and play the following week as though nothing happened. They’re all different.

They're only people at the end of the day, they suffer the same things we do, they can just afford better treatments.

Eggs, don’t you think that football is a very enjoyable game to play, nothing, to me ever beat it, just loved playing it it always took my mind off any problems I might have had while
I wasplaying

Eggs, don’t you think that football is a very enjoyable game to play, nothing, to me ever beat it, just loved playing it it always took my mind off any problems I might have had while
I wasplaying
See i get the idea of something taking your mind off any problems, im like that with hiking, but i think its different when you doing something alone in isolation, to when you do something with others and or being watched.

I wasplaying

....but not everybody has the same outlook. Gordon West was physically sick before every game. I imagine Keane loves football, but perhaps he’s mentally fragile and can let things impact his performance. It might be an incident during the game, or he might go onto the pitch in the wrong frame of mind.

He’s been playing well, so if it’s true they are managing the situation effectively.

Last edited:
Michael had a very good grounding at Man.Unt and was a premier league player at Burnley so he should have been ready to kick off at Everton, unless he was overawed at the huge fee paid for him.

Most of us would have been away from our desk jobs with this injury.

When healthy he’s been very good.

Because he looks like sort of a baby faced doofus and is soft spoken I think people discount him unfairly.

Eggs, don’t you think that football is a very enjoyable game to play, nothing, to me ever beat it, just loved playing it it always took my mind off any problems I might have had while I was playing
Did you have 35,000 Evertonians booing and calling for your instant execution every time you missed a pass or were caught slightly out of position because you were covering someone else?

It's their job and they get paid phenomenal amounts not to make mistakes and perform better than the opposition, do you believe that this is enjoyable and stress free?

See i get the idea of something taking your mind off any problems, im like that with hiking, but i think its different when you doing something alone in isolation, to when you do something with others and or being watched.
Understand that, but Michael has been involved with football most of his life and should be used to it by now, it’s his job and I realise everyone is different, but getting paid for playing football, what better job could he have.

Did you have 35,000 Evertonians booing and calling for your instant execution every time you missed a pass or were caught slightly out of position because you were covering someone else?

It's their job and they get paid phenomenal amounts not to make mistakes and perform better than the opposition, do you believe that this is enjoyable and stress free?

I’d say you were a bit prone to exaggeration there mate, 35’000 booing him? although quite a few might have exasperated by his poor performances.

....but not everybody has the same outlook. Gordon West was physically sick before every game. I imagine Keane loves football, but perhaps he’s mentally fragile and can let things impact his performance. It might be an incident during the game, or he might go onto the pitch in the wrong frame of mind.

He’s been playing well, so if it’s true they are managing the situation effectively.

You are right about Gordon West but how many were affected as badly as Gordon, Eggs you played to a decent standard, I’ll bet most of the lads you played with couldn’t wait to get on the pitch and show what they could do.

Most of us would have been away from our desk jobs with this injury.

When healthy he’s been very good.

Because he looks like sort of a baby faced doofus and is soft spoken I think people discount him unfairly.
I never take any notice to footballers looks, Peter Bearglie for instance, it’s what they perform like and you are happy with Michael’s performance, fair enough, I am not a fan of his to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.