Anti-Echo poll: What can be done to combat the constant snide approach the Echo takes towards EFC?

How does Everton deal with the (frankly disgraceful) coverage of the Liverpool Echo?

• Ignore the Echo, lar. It's solely for RS and other such beauts

Votes: 187 45.9%
  • Get some boss banners highlighting to the world how despised the rag is by the first club of Mersey

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Start a total boycott of it and encourage the club to do the same.

Votes: 108 26.5%
  • Demand an open fan forum with the Editor and journalists. What is their problem with Everton?

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Peas or custard?

Votes: 42 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who reads the echo ? i know one of my elderly aunts still reads it for the obituaries but that is obviously a generation thing
such things as the echo will soon be a relic of the past
I stopped reading the Echo a couple of years ago, the obituary column is the one thing I miss, sometimes you miss paying respect to friends of long ago because you didn’t know they had passed away, apart from that it never bothers me that I don’t read it, the football news in it, for what it is worth, is usually a day or two behind Toffeeweb and grandoldteam.

Caught a headline on its front page today,"reds and blues"always that way,liverpool and Everton, I mean even grammatically,it is the other way around,little things,but they mean a lot lol

I live in Ireland so I rarely look at its website and obviously never buy it.

Over here I stopped buying all newspapers about 13 years when my 2hour ew train commute changed to a 45 minute drive.

Some of the reasons were that I didn't get tine to read them but I also got fed up with egotistical journos setting the political agenda for Ireland. I ignore much of radio and tv current affairs and some sports programmes for the same reason.

Apart from saving money - I used to buy at least one paper every day - I feel much better informed as I can choose who to listen to and who to ignore.

Pathetic publication. Zero insights. Articles just rehash news from other sources. They backed the board over kirkby and backed Kenwright year after year and failure after failure.

The recent article celebrating sane’s injury was the mask slipping.

Imagine working there, your brief - use google to find Everton news and write a summary. Don’t have any contacts within the club or any original news.

Stuff like this is proper embarrassing. The sooner some of our fans can get over the victimised, conspiracy mindset, the better the vibe around the club and the team will be.
I do hate the victim mindset, and it’s bit pathetic to be making a thread like this, but they are right in that the Echo (a neutral paper) is incredibly biased

Used to love reading the pink echo about an hour after the match, used to have fantastic photos of the match action. But since that died off, the echo died off with it. Also imo the quality of the writers has just gotten a lot worse. Just don't bother with it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.