Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having a chat about him in work today with a Liverpool fan. His comment to me, he's a good player we can never handle his power and pace when he plays against us, needs to play regularly, he's a good signing.

He's pretty reasonable in his comments generally and knows his football so it was interesting to hear what he thought. Personally I think there's a lot of upside with Iwobi and he's got a lot of potential.

Two gooner mates of mine have both said they’re sorry to see him leave. He’s strong on the ball and always gives it 100%, I’m happy with that for starters!

Think his stats look promising, not what the manager wanted, he wanted a left footer, but hes fast and productive in the final third, can play left or right, even cover for Gilfi. Got to give the lad a go

I just watched Arsenal TV for my sins and the reviews from the guys was unanimous all gutted his leaving. They would rather Ozil and mkhitatyan had left.

I just watched Arsenal TV for my sins and the reviews from the guys was unanimous all gutted his leaving. They would rather Ozil and mkhitatyan had left.

The issue we have is both Ozil and Mkhitaryan are on extortionate wages so we're finding it incredibly difficult to move them on. Selling Iwobi was likely a consequence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.