Transfer Window Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Gibson and the thought of Rojo coming in, even on a loan deal, gives me chills. I worry about the lack of mobility at centre half more than the cover.

From Zoumas natural athleticism to Mina running like he's on strings is some change, but Mina had a few good games last year and he has it in him to up his game again.

I really like Gibson and the thought of Rojo coming in, even on a loan deal, gives me chills. I worry about the lack of mobility at centre half more than the cover.

From Zoumas natural athleticism to Mina running like he's on strings is some change, but Mina had a few good games last year and he has it in him to up his game again.

This idea that Mina is rubbish because he runs funny is odd to me. We're not selling jeans, are we? He's a quality center back.

City literally have the same problem. Chelsea also are banking on Zouma, an injured Rudiger, and Tomori.

It’s not ideal you’re right but I’d rather trust Holgate and Gibson than panic spend on a short term CB solution.
City don't have literally the same issue though. They have Stones, Laporte and Otamendi as experienced out and out centre halves. They have Mangala who i'm sure they'd prefer not to use but still could, and they have Walker who's played there for England. Chelsea have Christensen and Azpilicueta who you didn't mention, and Rudiger is back in training.

I agree that we didn't need to panic, but let's not make false equivalence with other teams, they both have much more depth there than we do.

Their midfield options are Pogba, Matic, Fred, Mctominay, Pereira and Mata

I disagree

I rate that McTominay

Not phased by that midfield - not phased by their attacking line - their defence could be ok ~good

Goalie is a worldie though. He literally makes them very difficult to get a result against them.

This idea that Mina is rubbish because he runs funny is odd to me. We're not selling jeans, are we? He's a quality center back.
Oh I don't think he's rubbish he's just not as quick as Zouma which we are really going to miss because there is less recovery pace in that centre half partnership. He's more similar to Keane than Zouma in my eyes, but he's shown he's a good centre half at this level. It's just a matter of staying fit, blending with Keane and being consistent. He's also better on the ball than Zouma despite the awkwardness.

He does run like Woody out of Toy Story though.

I rate that McTominay

Not phased by that midfield - not phased by their attacking line - their defence could be ok ~good

Goalie is a worldie though. He literally makes them very difficult to get a result against them.

De Gea? He was shocking all last season.

I honestly believe this is geniuenly where people get this idea that he's 'shaky' or 'is always a mistake waiting to happen' simply because he has a tendancy to look a bit awkward in his movement. The reality is that he's good with the ball and a solid defender in general.. but na he 'looks awkward' so that automatically means that he's clumsy and slow.

I think most of us knew for quite a long time we would not get Zouma so why was plan b not sorted out long ago.
I reckon we still want zouma and are confident we will get him in January (subject to Chelsea successfully appealing their ban).

I assume we weren't planning on buying a long term centre back. Once it became apparent we were not going to get a decent stopgap on loan, we panicked (or more likely Silva kicked off a bit), hence the rojo bid.

Hopefully we will avoid injuries and be in a good place come January to secure our targets. It is just a bit of a gamble with there being no quality backup in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.