Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, some Arsenal fans saying he's really a number 10, and we already have Bernard on the left (who could arguably do both too). Also reading he's both footed, so could also switch to the right maybe?

What is promising though, having watched videos of Iwobi, Gbamin and Sidibe we suddenly have 3 pacy ball carriers...

23, good prem and European experience and played over 100 games for a team better than ours.

Of course there are better players out there we could have gone for, but if you back Silva, then you have to back his judgement on this.

Best years ahead of him. Not judging him until he plays for us Over at least 6 months.

If you have already written him off and stated he’s garbage, I hope he stuffs it right back down your throat. Am sure even if he does though you will be too bitter to admit you was wrong.

Hmm, some Arsenal fans saying he's really a number 10, and we already have Bernard on the left (who could arguably do both too). Also reading he's both footed, so could also switch to the right maybe?

What is promising though, having watched videos of Iwobi, Gbamin and Sidibe we suddenly have 3 pacy ball carriers...

Anyway, the thing I guess people have ignored is that unless he's totally awful, we won't really lose money on him. He's young, he'll have a boatload of experience in the Premier League even if he flops, so if we do ship him out at 25/26 we'll probably get a newly promoted club pay the same thing for him.

There's an outside chance everything comes together for him. His problem isn't technique, but his composure and brain. He can run a ball, hold people off, but too often does so down blind alleys, or he'll give an incomprehensible pass or cross at the vital moment. These are things Raheem Sterling used to do often too, and suddenly he morphed into a world beater.

I'll cross my fingers he comes good. I don't want any player Everton sign to do badly. My disappointment is solely that I feel we've missed a chance to compete effectively due to not reinforcing in key areas well enough.
It's not completely pointless otherwise they wouldn't exist. Like in any profession you combine a mixture of quantitative and qualitative analytics. It only becomes pointless when fans start using them to justify this or that without any extra context.

Imagine a tiring defence having Iwobi, Kean and Richarlison swarming all over them in the last 30 minutes. Can't wait.
Yes we have loads of pace in attack now. I would even add DCL to that, as he runs defenders all over the place. No one will like playing against our attack. Bernard and Siggy, will mix things up too.

The forward runs and passes into the box tell you the type of player he is. I know people are calling him a winger,but there is no such thing these days. He's a wide attacker who runs directly and passes forwards, which is what we need. Can he cross a ball? No. Do we have a target man for a "winger" to cross to? No. Listen, he's not the ideal player for us as he doesn't score enough goals, but he is the type of player that we need, and that will help with the mindset of the team. The RS aren't full of goal scoring midfielders, but they have a mindset where they move the ball quickly from back to front, and this lad will help us develop that, as will Delph.
Agreed. The lad might turn out good, or maybe not, but crossing won't be a big issue either way. It's not like we want Hinchcliffe-like fast, bendy crosses radar guided onto Ferguson's head. This guy can beat defenders, attract more by his running, and get the ball into the box - let's see if our attacking players can get on the end.

Yet more pace in the team.

Remember 2 years ago when after our transfer activity we had the slowest team in the league? Now with all these new additions we have pace, directness and CMS who can pass the ball forward.

Personally I don't think we are at the point of making a major step up but we should have enough to win a few more points than last season. There isn't an excuse for not going at teams now and there is enough creativity in the squad that gives us options off the bench for once.

If tosun can chip in with a few then we have our strongest side in a long time , since 2008 argubally.

Now to see what Silva can actually do as a manager

He's 22/23 years old. He cost us 28m (so far). You have NEVER seen him play. Zaha would have cost us 70m more - that can now go to a CB (or 2) and an CM in the January transfer window.

I so want him to turn us down now, go on to be Arsenal's player of the year scoring 30 goals, and then LFC buy him for 120m next summer.

Stopped reading at “you have never seen him play”.

I watch many many premier league games and have seen him play enough to know he has great potential, but Zaha is a great player RIGHT NOW.

Unless you think Arsenal wanted Zaha as back up to Iwobi?

Status
Not open for further replies.