Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an awful lot to assume a fella who has never played in England, and has played midfield 99% of his career in midfield, will just slot seamlessly into centre half in the Premier League and be rock solid.

I have no idea if he can or not but it's a heck of a leap to assume he'll be great straightaway.

Considering our defence even with Zouma had shocking spells last season, there is no way we can put any spin to say it’s anything but weaker.

But it’s over and done with now so we have to make the best of it, Holgate will never get a better chance of making it than this season.

Made good signings overall but none that make me think we can break top 6. Signings that shout potential really. Still don’t see us scoring much more this season and central defence is weaker.
The defence has looked pretty solid in preseason. i get that we are shallow there. I am genuinely excited at our attack and looking forward to some excitement this season.
2 seasons ago Wallcott was the closest we had to a player that got you out of your seat - now we are looking at Kean, Bernard, Richarlisson, Iwobi, Gylfi who are all capable of doing stuff on the field that leaves you in awe.
Much better than Oumar Niasse and Bolasie upfront under BFS.

The fact we went after two wide men who are both qualified as homegrown is interesting. I think we might see some more of the same in future windows.

By my count we are completely fine in terms of meeting the quota, and probably half a dozen more than we need. But quite a lot of our homegrown players are probably nearing the end of their time here and will need replaced like for like in terms of being homegrown.

I'm thinking the likes of Baines will probably leave next summer. Schneiderlin I think counts and he could go very soon or within a year anyway. Siguurdson I also think qualifies through his reading days. He's probably got only a couple more years before being phased out. Same can be said for Coleman.

The other issue is their is no guarantee how many of our younger players, and academy graduates will make it.

I can see some long term planning ahead and the iwobi buy is possibly an early indication, given his age.

It's probably been said already but doesn't this transfer window feels suspiciously like the one when we bought Klaasen, Sandro, Rooney et al?
No
Made good signings overall but none that make me think we can break top 6. Signings that shout potential really. Still don’t see us scoring much more this season and central defence is weaker.
You cheerfull chappies crack me up

Hmmmm

Attachments

• E669AB88-16B5-4C02-BD2A-7E5EEB75A6CC.png
    E669AB88-16B5-4C02-BD2A-7E5EEB75A6CC.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 233
I dont see how, unless you have a magic 8 ball and can see players failing in the future, you can look at this window right now as anything other than a great window.

We improved every single position we wanted to, except for 1 of CB or CM(take your pick as to which one Gbamin will play). Last years squad was playing at a top 4 level, and from that squad we are:

++ at CF
+ at winger
+ at CM/CB
+ at RB
- at CM/CB
Well no. The crystal ball obviously works both ways for one, you’re just assuming the players will be good and saying others aren’t allowed to assume they won’t. I’d say we definitely haven’t improved at centre half, and may have improved at centre mid but on paper don’t appear to have. Also last years squad was playing at top 4 level for about 8 games, not 38.

The defence has looked pretty solid in preseason. i get that we are shallow there. I am genuinely excited at our attack and looking forward to some excitement this season.
2 seasons ago Wallcott was the closest we had to a player that got you out of your seat - now we are looking at Kean, Bernard, Richarlisson, Iwobi, Gylfi who are all capable of doing stuff on the field that leaves you in awe.
Much better than Oumar Niasse and Bolasie upfront under BFS.

Think the defence is good to but one injury and we look shakey then. Suspect we will look again in Jan. Will have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.