Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still gives us a pacey interchangeable front 3 or Richy, Iwobi and Kean. DCL, Walcott and Bernard options to for the wide positions.

All 3 of them young too, hoping they really gel together

My Arsenal mate is laughing his head off at 35m. Then he said " How do expect to catch up with us if you take our rejects then pay us for the privilege?"
He has a point.

your Arsenal mate probably had a go at Pires in his 1st season before he came good.
Iwobi is not the finished article but the talent is there. His finishing could be better but time is on his side and his dribbling will always create opportunities.
He is better than Walcott, who as good a finisher as he is was too reliant on his pace.
For £35m he's not a bad buy at that age. Just my opinion.

Probably too simplistic a view from me but I'm unsure how buying players deemed surpluss to requirements one of the weaker teams we're trying to overtake helps us overtake them.

Who knows tho, maybe he'll be a piece we've been needing

I don't think it does in that sense but Pepe, Lacazette and Auba would be pretty tough to be ahead of for most young players.

The bigger question is does it improve us and it certainly should do.

your Arsenal mate probably had a go at Pires in his 1st season before he came good.
Iwobi is not the finished article but the talent is there. His finishing could be better but time is on his side and his dribbling will always create opportunities.
He is better than Walcott, who as good a finisher as he is was too reliant on his pace.
For £35m he's not a bad buy at that age. Just my opinion.
I have no idea about the Pires thing. As for the rest, you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.