Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect offering 70m is hardly pennies.

We only seen this amount of money being offered in the final days of the window. Imagine approaching Chelsea with £40m for Kurt Zouma early July or making this bid for Zaha a month ago. Did it depend on sales? I'm not sure. Just seems an odd end to a good transfer window on the whole.

I'm not ecstatic about it either. But I prefer to look at the positives and realistically its been a decent window if not exceptional.

Nothing wrong with being in the middle ground but some peoples dramatic negative reactions do genuinely make me laugh, theres a lot more to be positive about now than there was 2/3 seasons ago without doubt
In hindsight, but at the time? I wasn't on here then so I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to find some of the people gleefully calling people bed wetters and the like were doing exactly the same when people were questioning whether Rooney and Sigurdsson could play together, whether we were absolutely CERTAIN that Sandro could replace Lukaku's goals, and whether Michael Keane was definitely the best choice to play next to Williams or Jagielka if you go back 2 years. Which group would you say had the right of it?

We can honestly win the League Cup, we just need to commit to it and play the first team in it

Play the kids in the FA Cup if needs be, just get that three handled monstrosity in the trophy cabinet

For so many successful teams of the Premier League Era, getting over that first Milk Cup hurdle has been the difference maker

It's the easier Cup to win and our First XI is good enough to do it

Day out at Wembley, Seamus Coleman lifting a Cup and European Football the following season

We can do it, we honestly can, we just need to bloody take it seriously

Manchester City prioritise the League Cup every season as a spring board for success.

We are not at their level.

He might be able to play on the left of a front three but he actually hasn't ever done it so that kind of shows that we needed another winger no?

Barnard is probably the weakest member of our starting XI after this window. He can be improved on.

He has played right across the front line.

If attacking wise we are worried about the level of Bernard and if Kean can play in a front 3, then we have a come a fair way from just the Big Sam days.

You ain't gonna break the top 6 if you don't spend over 30m on a single player.

We needed big backing this summer while others weren't spending. People can buzz off getting value as much as they like but players will continue to see us as an irrelevance will we continue to prioritise value over quality.

We can honestly win the League Cup, we just need to commit to it and play the first team in it

Play the kids in the FA Cup if needs be, just get that three handled monstrosity in the trophy cabinet

For so many successful teams of the Premier League Era, getting over that first Milk Cup hurdle has been the difference maker

It's the easier Cup to win and our First XI is good enough to do it

Day out at Wembley, Seamus Coleman lifting a Cup and European Football the following season

We can do it, we honestly can, we just need to bloody take it seriously
I’ve had a bet on us winning it but that was before Rojo:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.