Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This genuinely isn't a wind up post by the way and I'm not trying to cause bother, but does anyone think that if all these transfers we're being linked with go through that we run the risk of living beyond our means?

Yes, I know most of you will say "It's not your money, just enjoy us signing players" but I wonder how many Rangers supporters were saying that when they were splurging on the likes of Torre Andre Flo?

Do we really have the funds to sign Zaha, Iwobi and another defender?

Reassure me here people
What we don't raise through player sales to cover whatever shortfall we have (remember we're getting more out of TV revenue this season too), I'm sure we'll make up from some sort of sponsorship deal.

Lots of wages going off the books too and, Zaha excepted should he come, none of our purchases have broken the bank wage wise.

I'm sure Mosh won't put us in a position whereby we are falling foul of FFP or even operating beyond our means. At the end of the day it's his own money he'd be taking a huge risk with if he did.

What we don't raise through player sales to cover whatever shortfall we have (remember we're getting more out of TV revenue this season too), I'm sure we'll make up from some sort of sponsorship deal.

Lots of wages going off the books too and, Zaha excepted should he come, none of our purchases have broken the bank wage wise.

I'm sure Mosh won't put us in a position whereby we are falling foul of FFP or even operating beyond our means. At the end of the day it's his own money he'd be taking a huge risk with if he did.

Everton boardroom > Rangers of the 90s/00s boardroom.

This genuinely isn't a wind up post by the way and I'm not trying to cause bother, but does anyone think that if all these transfers we're being linked with go through that we run the risk of living beyond our means?

Yes, I know most of you will say "It's not your money, just enjoy us signing players" but I wonder how many Rangers supporters were saying that when they were splurging on the likes of Torre Andre Flo?

Do we really have the funds to sign Zaha, Iwobi and another defender?

Reassure me here people
It's ok we have a turnover of 190m, plenty of money to go around

I have said from before the season finished that our activity in the window would tell me a lot about who is in control at Everton.
Usmanov is a very wealthy man with very wealthy friends, but I don't think he could have allowed us to spend like we did last summer, finance a stadium and then come back and spend as much money again this summer... all this with a bloated squad of costly players we struggle to loan never mind sell.

Instead of matching the spend from last summer it looks like we could blow it out of the water and that tells me there are far shallower pockets than those of Usmanov allowing us to spend as freely as we are.
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.