Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been with Arsenal since primary school, started playing in the first team about 3 years ago and with 100 appearances as a midfielder, he has scored 11 goals, 16 assists, has only ever made 1 error that lead to a goal and has never had a red card and only ever had 2 yellow cards.

And some people say he isnt good enough to play for Everton.

Get a grip lads. The lad would be a cracking acquisition.

Last edited:
Been with Arsenal since primary school, started playing in the first team about 3 years ago and with 100 appearances he has scored 11 goals, 16 assists, has only ever made 1 error that lead to a goal and has never had a red card and only ever had 2 yellow cards.

Mate

Would he get into our first 11 and be an upgrade on what we currently have in his position?

Seriously ask yourself that

For me the answer is no and it reeks of spending just for the sake of it. Why even allow Lookman to leave for pennies in comparison, just to bring this lad in. Honestly makes zero sense to me.

I don't mind this at all

40 Million is WAY too much like, but football is broken and it's not sorting itself out until the bubble bursts, so it is what it is

If we signed both him and Zaha, along with an experienced CB, then that's a solid end to the window IMO

Mate

Would he get into our first 11 and be an upgrade on what we currently have in his position?

For me the answer is no and it reeks of spending just for the sake of it. Why even allow Lookman to leave for pennies in comparison, just to bring this lad in. Honestly makes zero sense to me.
I wouldn't mind him in Gylfi's position when Gylfi isn't on it
*runs*

Mate

It makes sense if we see him as a future 8 rather than a winger and the timing of dropping our interest in Doucoure and making a bid for him could suggest that.

Last edited:
Mate

The way lookman was handled by allardyce and silva makes my blood boil. Walcott stank the place out last season, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge could tell you he’s a faded force. Lookman is a talent, but wasn’t even given a chance despite walcotts poor form. Lookman might never have cut it in the premier league, but he was never even given a chance. Fast forward to today and we’ve bid 30m for his replacement. Madness.

I wouldn't mind him in Gylfi's position when Gylfi isn't on it
*runs*

Been with Arsenal since primary school, started playing in the first team about 3 years ago and with 100 appearances as a midfielder, he has scored 11 goals, 16 assists, has only ever made 1 error that lead to a goal and has never had a red card and only ever had 2 yellow cards.

he is good enough to play for Everton but unfortunately not a patch on Zaha so it just seems an anti-climax

Reactions: Lob

The way lookman was handled by allardyce and silva makes my blood boil. Walcott stank the place out last season, anybody with an ounce of football knowledge could tell you he’s a faded force. Lookman is a talent, but wasn’t even given a chance despite walcotts poor form. Lookman might never have cut it in the premier league, but he was never even given a chance. Fast forward to today and we’ve bid 30m for his replacement. Madness.

The first step is to impress in training the 2nd step is to impress on the pitch with consistency. Lookman failed on 2 chances

Mate

Yes he could get in our first 11 and can play left, right or central. He got in Arsenals first 11, 35 times last season and they finished miles ahead of us.

Lookman wanted out of the club for ages before he went and had no interest in playing for us anymore and we had no choice but to let him go. This lad is miles better than Lookman going of the past 3 seasons stats.

he is good enough to play for Everton but unfortunately not a patch on Zaha so it just seems an anti-climax

Who's to say that we aren't still going for Zaha as well as this lad.

There is that much bad reporting around god knows but it will all be put to bed in just over 24 hours time thankfully. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.