Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zaha is more dynamic, causes more problems and headaches for defenders, and would cause other teams to set up differently to try and isolate him as a player........ more than Richarlison would. There was no avoiding of any questions put my way.

At the end of the day its more that you simply don't agree with the price Palace have put on his head. You would rather it be spread in other area's. Who is to say those other area's won't be addressed before the deadline in addition to Zaha ? (btw i don't think Zaha is coming here).

All in all i think you are possibly in the minority that believe Zaha wouldn't walk into our 11. That includes our manager, coaches, DOF who are willing to spend the figures rumoured to be going around; if all the stories are true.

I see what you’re saying, however you’re wrong about my opinion. Obviously every player has his price, but I don’t think getting a richarlison mk2 is a wise move especially at the money, but even on its own, I’d prefer us to get a left footer to provide options. Failing that, someone in the mould of onyekuru but who would get a permit.

"Premier League proven" means you are content to pay over the odds and have as much a gamble as a player who has never been here. Salah was a Premier League flop and, yet, look at him now. Pulisic isn't Premier League proven yet Chelsea spunked loads on him instead of players currently in the league. Sigurdsson was "Premier League proven" yet bombed his first year and had bad spells last as well.

Yet scored 13 goals last season. And he didn't really 'bomb' in his first season any more than any of the side did (bar Pickford!).

Yes, I'd rather spend big on someone who we know can do it in this league than spend big on someone who we have no idea if they can or not.

Clearly, there's top quality players in Europe, but we aren't in a position to buy those players or, more accurately, attract them without CL.

So we have to aim for players either from second/third-tier clubs like Gbamin, or players who aren't needed at the biggest clubs (Gomes) or young prospects (Kean).

To balance that out - especially the Kean deal, as he's come in as our main striker with 11 senior league goals to his name - I see nothing wrong with spending big on a player who has 26 league goals and 21 assists in three seasons (more than any of our players bar Sigurdsson).

Palace are shooting themselves in the foot massively by rejecting the amounts offered. I don't know Zaha personally but if I asked to leave a club and I feel the club had been offered a very good amount for me I'd be majorly pissed off if they didn't allow me to leave. Especially after he's given them a good few years of service. Essentially keeping them up. I'd kick up a bit of a fuss, maybe he's not that keen on joining us to kick up a fuss though, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.