Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you settling in?
I feel really good and have had a great welcome from everyone which is really nice.
I just finished my second training session with the lads.

Who's been key to helping you?
Everyone has been helpful to the same degree to myself and Moise.

How has Moise been looking in traning?
He’s looking really good and feeling good on the training pitch. Everyone knows he is a great player

How good can he be for Everton?
He will score lots of goals. When you talk about strikers that’s what you need and I think he’ll be able to do that job.

What about your own role? Where are you expecting to play?
I’ve come here to play in the midfield, as a defensive midfielder if you like.
But if the manager wants me to do so I can play in a number of positions.

Are you ready for Crystal Palace?
I’m concentrating on getting myself totally fit, this week might be a little bit too soon. A more realistic option might be the following game. As I say, I’ve only had two training sessions.

What made you join Everton?
I was aware they really wanted me and they wanted me to play in a position that I love playing.
Everton are a big club and when a big club comes in for you, you don’t hesitate.
They had been looking at me a long time.

Do you think you can win titles her? Europe?
We could maybe pick up a trophy along the way, maybe one of the cups. That is the ambition of every professional player and I think we can get one of the European spots.

Are you expecting anymore signings?
You’re right that’s a question for the manager, I’m just focusing on getting myself right and ready for the first game I can play and increase my fitness.

What's the manager like to work with?
From knowing him just a short time he puts his trust in you and he gives you confidence to go out and play and do your stuff on the field. I think that it will be a good relationship.

How ready will you be to play in the number 8, the number 6 and defence?
Absolutely, if the coach needs me in whatever position I’ll be there and ready.

What do you know about Everton's supporters?
I’ve played at clubs where fans show passion and I know for a fact the fans are noisy and get behind the side - I can’t wait to experience that myself for real.

What do you personally want to achieve next season?
There’s been a lot of confidence shown in me bringing me to the club.
I want to show people what I’m capable of.
I’m demanding of myself and will push myself to be the best I can.

Are you excited about the plans for the future at Everton?
You can certainly feel the ambition at the heart of this club to grow it to the highest level.
I think we are showing it too by signing quality young players.

Have you seen the new stadium plans?
I’ve seen how it looks on virtual reality and it gives you such a desire to play there for real.

....just watched that conference, most interesting he confirms signed as a defensive midfielder but will give 100% if asked to play elsewhere.

How are you settling in?
I feel really good and have had a great welcome from everyone which is really nice.
I just finished my second training session with the lads.

Who's been key to helping you?
Everyone has been helpful to the same degree to myself and Moise.

How has Moise been looking in traning?
He’s looking really good and feeling good on the training pitch. Everyone knows he is a great player

How good can he be for Everton?
He will score lots of goals. When you talk about strikers that’s what you need and I think he’ll be able to do that job.

What about your own role? Where are you expecting to play?
I’ve come here to play in the midfield, as a defensive midfielder if you like.
But if the manager wants me to do so I can play in a number of positions.

Are you ready for Crystal Palace?
I’m concentrating on getting myself totally fit, this week might be a little bit too soon. A more realistic option might be the following game. As I say, I’ve only had two training sessions.

What made you join Everton?
I was aware they really wanted me and they wanted me to play in a position that I love playing.
Everton are a big club and when a big club comes in for you, you don’t hesitate.
They had been looking at me a long time.

Do you think you can win titles her? Europe?
We could maybe pick up a trophy along the way, maybe one of the cups. That is the ambition of every professional player and I think we can get one of the European spots.

Are you expecting anymore signings?
You’re right that’s a question for the manager, I’m just focusing on getting myself right and ready for the first game I can play and increase my fitness.

What's the manager like to work with?
From knowing him just a short time he puts his trust in you and he gives you confidence to go out and play and do your stuff on the field. I think that it will be a good relationship.

How ready will you be to play in the number 8, the number 6 and defence?
Absolutely, if the coach needs me in whatever position I’ll be there and ready.

What do you know about Everton's supporters?
I’ve played at clubs where fans show passion and I know for a fact the fans are noisy and get behind the side - I can’t wait to experience that myself for real.

What do you personally want to achieve next season?
There’s been a lot of confidence shown in me bringing me to the club.
I want to show people what I’m capable of.
I’m demanding of myself and will push myself to be the best I can.

Are you excited about the plans for the future at Everton?
You can certainly feel the ambition at the heart of this club to grow it to the highest level.
I think we are showing it too by signing quality young players.

Have you seen the new stadium plans?
I’ve seen how it looks on virtual reality and it gives you such a desire to play there for real.
why are they asking a new player about more signings, wtf.

....just watched that conference, most interesting he confirms signed as a defensive midfielder but will give 100% if asked to play elsewhere.
That's definitely not an exact transcription. He flat out said he was a 6, the translator used the number. He only said he would play wherever when asked later.

The kid is a defensive mid, he's going to play there and be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.