Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the exact opposite to scatter gun approach in my opinion. If we sign another centre midfielder, right back, centre half and winger as Silva has said he wants it will be the first time in my lifetime we have 2 players in every position for a squad. It will literally the most balanced and best squad Everton have had since the 80s. The last 3 weeks of the window will be spent offloading the deadwood to europe
Last year they could still go out on loan to the championship after our TDD. Not sure if the same rules apply this season. Think the cut off was the European TDD.

Anyone else want to keep Tosun?
He offers us something different. Would prefer him to Niasse and even DCL. I don't see clubs lining up to pay £20m for him.

If we’re playing a lower end team at home and they’re packing the defence then Tosun could be a very good option off the bench for us to go with two up. Away from home against top teams his lack of pace holds him back. He’s not as bad as people make out though and could be a very good squad option for us. People keep saying we need an experienced striker to go with Kean and DCL but we have one on the books!

I think it's reasonable to ask questions if these huge deals come to fruition.

If they do happen, something has clearly changed at the club, even since the window opened. It suggests a quite radical departure from what I, at least, thought would be the established model. That we would buy young and cheap(er) and sell on at a multiple of what we paid, which in turn would be invested straight back into the squad. I think Zaha would be a decent signing for us, but it is a huge amount of money by our standards. Kean, Gbamin, and Richarlison fit the model, I don't think Zaha does.

I'm as excited as anyone else about what may happen between now and Thursday, with the caveat of hoping there is a rational logic behind our spending. Regardless, we are bound to restraint sooner or later with the stadium to come, it seems odd if we are trying to finalise funding for BMD that we would go on a splurge. You don't convince lenders of your bona fides by embarking on a spending spree.

Even if Usmanov decided to plough cash into the club, it seems we are still going to run foul of FFP next year. I didn't think the club would countenance that so I must admit I'm ignorant as to what the potential penalties are for us if we qualify for Europe.

We have to trust them unless we are given reason not to I guess. I will say I am impressed very much by Brands, much less so by Moshiri. If Brands is the one maintaining control of the ship in the midst of big spending, I would be reassured to a much greater degree.

I'm not sure why people think that Brands would continue his PSV model.

At PSV he had to buy players for buttons and then turn a massive profit, that's the nature of being successful in the Dutch league.

Here he has a bit more leeway, the principle is pretty much the same, get players in who are young and hungry with a view to making a profit on them if they decide to leave us but the base amount that Everton can pay compared to PSV is much much greater.

He was never coming in to buy a bunch of 500k no marks with a view of turning them into superstars.

Last year they could still go out on loan to the championship after our TDD. Not sure if the same rules apply this season. Think the cut off was the European TDD.
If that's the case I think lower league teams will be queuing up and wed just have to take a hit on the wages that they can afford.

Still not sold on the idea of Zaha, at least not for a record-breaking fee, but I reckon Doucouré would be a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.