Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested that on his thread so think it’s a fantastic idea.

I'm not keen... You need to at least introduce him to the people and the culture of the club before you bundle him off to another new country. Give him a month or so in the U23s to adjust then see if he's ready to be eased into the first team.

I'm not keen... You need to at least introduce him to the people and the culture of the club before you bundle him off to another new country. Give him a month or so in the U23s to adjust then see if he's ready to be eased into the first team.

I don’t see the point of putting him in the u23s personally. Particularly since they don’t even play the same way as our senior team. I’d want him playing competitive football from the off - either here or at a good European club.

....well Manic Monday turned out to be a damp squid, but perhaps we can say yesterday was Teasing Tuesday. Let’s hope today is Wonderful Wednesday, here’s the morning rumour round-up for 31st July;

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed the transfer of midfielder Idrissa Gueye to PSG for an undisclosed fee, although most outlets are reporting the deal to be worth £29m.

- A host of outlets report Everton have agreed a deal for Juventus forward, Moise Kean. Sky Italia suggest the fixed part of the agreement could be as low as €25m & is no higher than €30m. Juventus have the first option to buy in the future, but there is no buy-back clause for the 19 year old. The Liverpool Echo reckon a medical could take place today.

- Reports from Brazil claim Everton have reached an agreement to sign Flamengo wonderkid, Reinier Jesus. Reporters Marcelo Bechler and Bruno Formica claim €40m fee has been agreed for the January window when the tall, rangy playmaker turns 18. Bechler was the guy who called Neymar’s move from Barcelona to PSG before anybody else and says this is a huge deal for the Toffees.

- Sky Sports say Everton are in advanced talks with Mainz over midfielder, Jean-Philippe Gbamin. An initial £23m bid has been rejected by the Bundesliga club but an agreement could be reached very soon for the Ivory Coast international.

- According to Diaro Sport, Everton launched a £40m bid for Malcom after Zenit St Petersburg looked set to seal a deal with the Brazilian. Barcelona are keen to negotiate with the Toffees despite the winger agreeing a 6 year deal with Zenit. Catalan daily, Sport, say Malcom snubbed Everton’s late proposal.

- La Provence report Everton have sent scouts to get the low down on talented Marseille starlet, Isaac Lihadji. The 17 year old winger is said to be interesting a host of clubs.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton have agreed a deal with Wigan for the transfer of midfielder, Joe Williams. A bid of £1m was rejected last week, but the Latics have come back with an improved offer. Wigan Today suggest the club’s are locked in talks but Wigan are confident an agreement can be reached for the 22 year old.

- Everton and Arsenal target, Rafael Leao, is set to join AC Milan. Sky Italy’s Gianluca Di Marzio has a picture of the 20 year old arriving in Milan to finalise his transfer from Lille.

- Turkish outlet, FotoSpor again say Everton are looking to sell Henry Onyekuru rather than allowing him to go on another loan. The best Galatasaray can hope for is a season long loan with an obligation to buy.

- The Evening Standard report Everton could take Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori on loan but talks for the 21 year old are not at an advanced stage. Sky Sports continue to link Everton with Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina.

Thanks Eggs, I read that Onyekuru is subject to interest from Monaco and Everton are "locked in talks" with them over a transfer rather than a loan.

Willing sacrifice himself for the good of the team and has a Really good spirit
Recommendations like this are a testament to how much impact he's had already in such a short time. I hope he can readvent himself to adapt in a new league and we're not resurrecting this thread in a couple of years wondering what might have been. I'm holy convinced he'll be worshipped by our fans so long as he gets in the first team and isn't psalmed off on loan somewhere.

...decisions have to be made on these players, the squad is already too big.I’m a big fan of Williams but he’s injury prone and could be another millstone around the club’s neck if we don’t cash in.

Think he'd be a great candidate for a buy back clause. £8mil or something like that just incase he kicks on. Seems to be able to hold his own at Championship level and is only 22, so even if he never featured for Everton it could make sense to from a business perspective as we could exercise the deal and ship him out for further profit..

Status
Not open for further replies.