New Everton Stadium Discussion

You mean this, if so I agree, they need to ditch it, its 52k pure and simple
UOtFYgE.jpg

Thanks for posting that mate, was on my phone travelling and couldn't get it.

Bit of manipulation tbh to get it through. Love the design etc but this needs to be shut out.

There's also been some angles of a third tierd stand (in that forum), so spoiler alert, I think the final capacity will be higher as a final Suprise.

GL.jpg

Just saw this for the first time as I was very much more interested in the new stadium and the thought of GP not existing felt a bit weird. Are they really thinking of leaving dixie and the granite there? Seems an odd thing to do, what about the new holy trinity statue? Surely just take it all to the dock site.

View attachment 63851
Just saw this for the first time as I was very much more interested in the new stadium and the thought of GP not existing felt a bit weird. Are they really thinking of leaving dixie and the granite there? Seems an odd thing to do, what about the new holy trinity statue? Surely just take it all to the dock site.

I think it is kind of fitting to leave them where they made their mark. Seeing they want the area to still say Goodison and mark the centre circle etc. it feels right they stay and watch over it. Another reason to go visit the old lady.

When we move if I were the chairman/manager I would challenge the players to do something that deserves a statue erecting at BM.

There are still small plaques on the side of the pitch, on the kerb edge of the outer limit of the pitch facing the crowd.
The pitch itself though has been changed many times in recent years I understand, so will not be the same.
I’m even not sure you’re allowed to spread the ashes anymore? Does anyone know for sure?
I've got a cousin whose ashes were spread on Goodison years ago. Although, I know none of them are still likely to be on the pitch I still wonder what the club's plans are regarding this issue? Might it be an idea to dig up the final pitch at GP, turn it to dust and bring it to BMD and put it in the part of the dock not filled in (between the ground and the multi-storey car park)? Somehow, if the area where the pitch is at GP is to be turned into housing or a kids' play area, it just doesn't seem fitting to me. What do others think?

View attachment 63851
Maybe but were building a statue of Marcel Brands at BMD instead.

I've got a cousin whose ashes were spread on Goodison years ago. Although, I know none of them are still likely to be on the pitch I still wonder what the club's plans are regarding this issue? Might it be an idea to dig up the final pitch at GP, turn it to dust and bring it to BMD and put it in the part of the dock not filled in (between the ground and the multi-storey car park)? Somehow, if the area where the pitch is at GP is to be turned into housing or a kids' play area, it just doesn't seem fitting to me. What do others think?
I think it's a cracking idea to use the ashes of at least a part of the Goodison pitch to be laid in the new turf. Symbolising the passing of the old lady and her rising anew from the Ashes of history.

Someone with connections to the club should suggest this.

Most other clubs fans like it however they all wish we were staying at Goodison as its one of the few great stadiums left.

i'm talking older fans btw i talk to on other forums

I seen that but from the outside it looks like the roof wraps over the gaps
I'd be very surprised if there were gaps like that without glass covering them as the fans would be wide open to the elements.

I think we have to remember these are pretty basic renders so apart from the main design theme I'd imagine pretty much everything is for illustrative purposes only. What did concern was that the back of the home end (where the two terrace concources are) looks to be completely open, something that just won't work at that site. I'm hoping they have plans for that.

View attachment 63851

Read something about this forget who by but they said the cost of removal and re-erection isn't too different to the cost of comissioning a brand new statue. If that is the case I'm happy for the current ones to stay and erect others (and more) as part of some kind of 'idols walk'.

Most other clubs fans like it however they all wish we were staying at Goodison as its one of the few great stadiums left.

i'm talking older fans btw i talk to on other forums

It is indeed many happy memories of the old lady but age does catch up with one and remedial measures have to be taken in this case a new stadium with modern facilities. I am sure BMD intime will also be recognised inthe same manner as GP. Me I will be long gone by then as will so many of my age.

It is indeed many happy memories of the old lady but age does catch up with one and remedial measures have to be taken in this case a new stadium with modern facilities. I am sure BMD intime will also be recognised inthe same manner as GP. Me I will be long gone by then as will so many of my age.
Thanks for cheering us oldies up mate *checks pulse