GK: Pickford, Lossl
RB: Coleman, Lazaro, Mirallas
CB: Stones, Mina, Keane, Holgate
LB: Digne, Delph, Baines
DM: Schneiderlin
CM: Tousart, Gomes, Delph, Davies
Wingers: Bernard, R9, Malcolm
ST: DCL, Kean, Sigurdsson

Just need to bin Bolasie, Besic, Tosun, Niasse.

Should get us to 70 league points.
Lazaro is at Inter.

I'm pretty certain his start at Bilbao had him playing right wing predominantly with Arduriz upfront. Maybe it's a squad thing or an age/experience thing that explains his move more central.
Could be a squad thing. I struggle to see a skillset that would make sense at RW. Did he look good out there? He's got size, speed, and skill, but just don't see the lateral movement or the service of someone that would work out right. Not saying it's not possible, just having trouble seeing it.

So Kean, Jesus and Gblammo currently look on, still no Right Back links, still no Centre Backs or Widers. Brands is an actual ninja.

I know people think this Gblammo can play RB and CB, but its like saying Snides can play RB and CB, hes a CM for me all day long, doesnt even look like a DM.
I cannot imagine he can play RB.

But why on earth do you see him as a CM before a DM?

I see that Sky are reporting that a Lukaku is off to Juventus as part of a swap deal - I wonder if we will get our £5m sell on fee if there is no free attached to the deal?

Walcott proper stunk out the pitch for 2124 minutes last year, and that's with Bernard and Richarlison playing the majority of games and not suffering any serious injuries. We've lost Lookman (no great loss) but we're desperately short on quality players in the final third to ensure that wasters like Walcott get limited minutes.

It is less pressing than CF to be fair, where we are basically in crisis mode with a bottom half quality strike force. Hopefully Kean will fix that.
Exactly! We can't sign everybody, and right now if the choice was Kean plus CDM + CB or Kean plus CDM + WG for starting XI, what would you choose?

Knowing that if we didn't get a CB we'd have Mina, Keane and Holgate only, and if we didn't get a WG we'd still have Richi and Berni.

If we could get shot of Walcott, Mirallas and Bolasie for 15m I'd like to see that go on a decent winger to make an impact off the bench, perhaps a youngster who can grow into the squad.

But right now we need to ensure the striker and central midfielder are sorted ASAP, then move on to the nice-to-haves.

....well Manic Monday turned out to be a damp squid, but perhaps we can say yesterday was Teasing Tuesday. Let’s hope today is Wonderful Wednesday, here’s the morning rumour round-up for 31st July;

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed the transfer of midfielder Idrissa Gueye to PSG for an undisclosed fee, although most outlets are reporting the deal to be worth £29m.

- A host of outlets report Everton have agreed a deal for Juventus forward, Moise Kean. Sky Italia suggest the fixed part of the agreement could be as low as €25m & is no higher than €30m. Juventus have the first option to buy in the future, but there is no buy-back clause for the 19 year old. The Liverpool Echo reckon a medical could take place today.

- Reports from Brazil claim Everton have reached an agreement to sign Flamengo wonderkid, Reinier Jesus. Reporters Marcelo Bechler and Bruno Formica claim €40m fee has been agreed for the January window when the tall, rangy playmaker turns 18. Bechler was the guy who called Neymar’s move from Barcelona to PSG before anybody else and says this is a huge deal for the Toffees.

- Sky Sports say Everton are in advanced talks with Mainz over midfielder, Jean-Philippe Gbamin. An initial £23m bid has been rejected by the Bundesliga club but an agreement could be reached very soon for the Ivory Coast international.

- According to Diaro Sport, Everton launched a £40m bid for Malcom after Zenit St Petersburg looked set to seal a deal with the Brazilian. Barcelona are keen to negotiate with the Toffees despite the winger agreeing a 6 year deal with Zenit. Catalan daily, Sport, say Malcom snubbed Everton’s late proposal.

- La Provence report Everton have sent scouts to get the low down on talented Marseille starlet, Isaac Lihadji. The 17 year old winger is said to be interesting a host of clubs.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton have agreed a deal with Wigan for the transfer of midfielder, Joe Williams. A bid of £1m was rejected last week, but the Latics have come back with an improved offer. Wigan Today suggest the club’s are locked in talks but Wigan are confident an agreement can be reached for the 22 year old.

- Everton and Arsenal target, Rafael Leao, is set to join AC Milan. Sky Italy’s Gianluca Di Marzio has a picture of the 20 year old arriving in Milan to finalise his transfer from Lille.

- Turkish outlet, FotoSpor again say Everton are looking to sell Henry Onyekuru rather than allowing him to go on another loan. The best Galatasaray can hope for is a season long loan with an obligation to buy.

- The Evening Standard report Everton could take Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori on loan but talks for the 21 year old are not at an advanced stage. Sky Sports continue to link Everton with Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina.

I see that Sky are reporting that a Lukaku is off to Juventus as part of a swap deal - I wonder if we will get our £5m sell on fee if there is no free attached to the deal?

I was under the impression that swap deals have associated transfer values to avoid this kind of thing.

....well Manic Monday turned out to be a damp squid, but perhaps we can say yesterday was Teasing Tuesday. Let’s hope today is Wonderful Wednesday, here’s the morning rumour round-up for 31st July;

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed the transfer of midfielder Idrissa Gueye to PSG for an undisclosed fee, although most outlets are reporting the deal to be worth £29m.

- A host of outlets report Everton have agreed a deal for Juventus forward, Moise Kean. Sky Italia suggest the fixed part of the agreement could be as low as €25m & is no higher than €30m. Juventus have the first option to buy in the future, but there is no buy-back clause for the 19 year old. The Liverpool Echo reckon a medical could take place today.

- Reports from Brazil claim Everton have reached an agreement to sign Flamengo wonderkid, Reinier Jesus. Reporters Marcelo Bechler and Bruno Formica claim €40m fee has been agreed for the January window when the tall, rangy playmaker turns 18. Bechler was the guy who called Neymar’s move from Barcelona to PSG before anybody else and says this is a huge deal for the Toffees.

- Sky Sports say Everton are in advanced talks with Mainz over midfielder, Jean-Philippe Gbamin. An initial £23m bid has been rejected by the Bundesliga club but an agreement could be reached very soon for the Ivory Coast international.

- According to Diaro Sport, Everton launched a £40m bid for Malcom after Zenit St Petersburg looked set to seal a deal with the Brazilian. Barcelona are keen to negotiate with the Toffees despite the winger agreeing a 6 year deal with Zenit. Catalan daily, Sport, say Malcom snubbed Everton’s late proposal.

- La Provence report Everton have sent scouts to get the low down on talented Marseille starlet, Isaac Lihadji. The 17 year old winger is said to be interesting a host of clubs.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton have agreed a deal with Wigan for the transfer of midfielder, Joe Williams. A bid of £1m was rejected last week, but the Latics have come back with an improved offer. Wigan Today suggest the club’s are locked in talks but Wigan are confident an agreement can be reached for the 22 year old.

- Everton and Arsenal target, Rafael Leao, is set to join AC Milan. Sky Italy’s Gianluca Di Marzio has a picture of the 20 year old arriving in Milan to finalise his transfer from Lille.

- Turkish outlet, FotoSpor again say Everton are looking to sell Henry Onyekuru rather than allowing him to go on another loan. The best Galatasaray can hope for is a season long loan with an obligation to buy.

- The Evening Standard report Everton could take Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori on loan but talks for the 21 year old are not at an advanced stage. Sky Sports continue to link Everton with Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina.
Excellent as usual @Eggs. Am also sure you know it’s damp squib and that was just a typo

Status
Not open for further replies.