Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much time for Moyes.

His achievement here was nothing short of miraculous and only looks better with time.

6 years on, we're still benefiting from arguably the best pound for pound signing ever made in Seamus Coleman.

Talented manager who unfortunately took the mother of all poisoned chalices in that utterly impossible United job and hasn't quite recovered from it yet.

Yes and I'd agree if:

- whilst here he hadn't kept on with the line of plucky little everton. That manifested itself in the shocking performances against the Sky teams. We never even used to try

- and when he agreed to join Utd he should have gone immediately. The hanging on when he was going to a rival was/is unprecedented and made us look terribly small time

Moyes has now been unemployed, as a manager, for a significant period of time.

Since leaving Everton, he has been a FAILURE.

He now gives a lengthy interview, rewriting history, and basically bigging up himself as some kind of tactical genius.

Whatever his merits as an Everton manager, the manner in which he left us was crass.

I see him taking over at Newcastle sometime this season, and let's hope they get relegated together.

Moyes has now been unemployed, as a manager, for a significant period of time.

Since leaving Everton, he has been a FAILURE.

He now gives a lengthy interview, rewriting history, and basically bigging up himself as some kind of tactical genius.

Whatever his merits as an Everton manager, the manner in which he left us was crass.

I see him taking over at Newcastle sometime this season, and let's hope they get relegated together.
If you were offered a high profile promotion with lots more money after 10 years in your old job
Would you take it
Would that be crass ?

Yes and I'd agree if:

- whilst here he hadn't kept on with the line of plucky little everton. That manifested itself in the shocking performances against the Sky teams. We never even used to try**

- and when he agreed to join Utd he should have gone immediately. The hanging on when he was going to a rival was/is unprecedented and made us look terribly small time
** Only in aways...

We usually went for it in home matches

People forget that Moyes was a bit of a gamble back in the day, and that gamble well and truly paid off. He changed the entire culture of the club and who knows where we'd be if someone like Strachan, Paul Jewell or even O'Neill came in.

Can't remember who else we considered at the time, but we wouldn't have been a very attractive proposition

** Only in aways...

We usually went for it in home matches

People forget that Moyes was a bit of a gamble back in the day, and that gamble well and truly paid off. He changed the entire culture of the club and who knows where we'd be if someone like Strachan, Paul Jewell or even O'Neill came in.

Can't remember who else we considered at the time, but we wouldn't have been a very attractive proposition

Gary Megson.

You make a good point and yes maybe the away day memories spoiled the odd decent performance at Goodison but the ending killed it for me.

If you were offered a high profile promotion with lots more money after 10 years in your old job
Would you take it
Would that be crass ?

He was tapped up, I think this is what leaves a really bad taste. What annoys me most, despite there being evidence - Fergusons own book, big soft Bill bends over and just takes it, which I think is more disrespectful to the club and fans than anything, just taking it as if they're the bigger club and we're there for easy picking.

I totally respect what Moyes did for us, he pulled us from the brink and took a bunch of bargain bucket players to 4th on discipline and graft. However I think he lost his mind during the move to united, ignored advice from an absolute master by removing the cogs of a winning machine, plus not stamping authority and removing bigheaded undermining chumps like Rio Ferdinand. He's never recovered.

DM did a great job at EFC and other than the LFC semi-final where he surrendered and one or two other examples of undue caution
he managed the club through tough times. Under the Great Liar, EFC was basically a sell-to-buy club. Despite next to nothing funds
he knocked on the trophy door a couple of times before denied admittance but he had a philosophy of playing and there were moments of high emotion.

He handled his departure poorly, was critical in public of the club and went after one or two of his ex-players but nothing particularly
unique about that.

I will always be grateful for what he achieved here.

He was tapped up, I think this is what leaves a really bad taste. What annoys me most, despite there being evidence - Fergusons own book, big soft Bill bends over and just takes it, which I think is more disrespectful to the club and fans than anything, just taking it as if they're the bigger club and we're there for easy picking.

I totally respect what Moyes did for us, he pulled us from the brink and took a bunch of bargain bucket players to 4th on discipline and graft. However I think he lost his mind during the move to united, ignored advice from an absolute master by removing the cogs of a winning machine, plus not stamping authority and removing bigheaded undermining chumps like Rio Ferdinand. He's never recovered.
I stand by my question
Would you have taken it ?
Remember HE was tapped up
The blame there lies with MU. Once the seed is there it’s there

Status
Not open for further replies.