Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....wow. I declare to not being his biggest fan and i’m a little surprised he’s Brands/Silva type of player, but I presume they have a specific role in mind that fits with their playing strategy. If he plays with a purpose in the top third I think he can be more effective, but my concern is he’s a complicated player who goes on mazy runs without any clear aim.

I doubt he’ll ever be as prolific and effective as somebody like Richarlison.

I have my doubts, I wouldn’t be too concerned if the transfer didn’t materialise but it’s more important that Brands/Silva think he’s what we need.

Has to be said mate your morning updates are pure quality and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say your other posts are equally as good. I agree with 90% of your posts and the ones I don’t I can always read your points of view and understand it.

Why can’t we have more than one player that is a counter attacking wide forward?

Because we kind of need a centre back and an actual forward. And pumping 55m on something we already have just seems weird to me, a bit like when we bought 3 number 10s under Walsh/jughead

Do you not get an assist if you win a pen? You should in my opinion.
Well there's no definitive definition of an assist, because it's not a real thing. It's just a stat, so it depends where you set your parameters. I wouldn't class it personally because I think it skews the figures. I would assume somebody racking up a load of assists was quite creative, and a good decision maker who was picking the right passes. I'd be pretty disappointed to then find that they'd just been kicked when running down blind alleys or pushed in the back off the ball.

Because we kind of need a centre back and an actual forward. And pumping 55m on something we already have just seems weird to me, a bit like when we bought 3 number 10s under Walsh/jughead
It’s not the same as having 3 no 10s though. As we have 2 positions to fill. And if either of richarlison or Bernard are injured we have Walcott coming in.

Plus I think we’ll get a striker and a CB too.

Difference with Bolasie was that absolutely everyone knew for sure he was crap before we signed him and most were pretty shocked he was linked

Yeah I have a very different recollection. I think it was split about the same.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s (Zaha, not Bolasie) a good player. I don’t think he will massively improve what we have, as I really rate Bernard and Richarlison. I’d prefer we added 50m to the coffers to use on a real forward, centre back & Gana replacement. I think that would make us a very good team.

Malcom is a left footed right winger, which is what Marco likes, he’s cheaper (partially because he’s not displaced messi at Barca) & he provides actual variety to what we have.

I’ll not be fuming if we sign Zaha, I’ll just be a bit perplexed as he’s totally against the grain wrt what the DoF likes to do, and wrt how the manager likes to set his team up.

Zaha has arrived at Finch Farm

COYB

It’s not the same as having 3 no 10s though. As we have 2 positions to fill. And if either of richarlison or Bernard are injured we have Walcott coming in.

Plus I think we’ll get a striker and a CB too.

I agree we need a wide forward, but if we get zaha thats 4 right footers and zero left footers, screams ‘lack of balance’

Status
Not open for further replies.