Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying two things:

Getting fouled in a more dangerous attacking position is more valuable than getting fouled in your own half for example.

And with that as a basis someone whose job is to attack getting fouled more is probably more valuable overall and makes that person better at doing their job specifically than someone who is tasked with doing the things midfielders do.

In your example of the goal saving tackle the action that matters is the tackle. Whether the guy is fouled, passes it to a teammate, hoofs it out of bounds or whatever else they can do the part that matters is that they stopped the attack with the tackle. For an attacker that dynamic changes more because the act of drawing a foul can directly lead to shots at goal which is typically the only way to score a goal and win the game. The defender doesn't prevent the other teams shot by being fouled he prevents it by making the tackle. It isn't a direct thing.

The whole point being rating a defender because they are good at drawing fouls makes zero sense and is more of a novelty than an indication that they player is any good at playing defender/defensive midfield.

Anyway on Zaha he drew 7 penalties last season and if you count that as directly creating a chance or getting an assist when it is scored he starts to move up the list of creative players in the league pretty quickly. Not many better chances than a penalty.

He was a target for Arsenal who are now close to signing a FAR better potentially world class player rather than overpay for Zaha.

As a 'statement of intent' i actually would consider it pretty pathetic at the numbers broadcast.

Around £60mil for Zaha....my word.

That the same Moise Kean whose already capped by Italy and rated as being one of the top prospects in world football...or erm Wilfried Zaha.

Its like comparing Michael Keane to De Ligt lol

Never seen Pepe play so no idea how good he is. I've seen enough of Zaha to know £60 million is about the going rate for that sort of player in today's market.

I find it funny that when Arsenal first bid 10 day ago? It was all about how they needed to up the bid and meet palace’s valuation.

With in a few hours of us bidding the media can’t wait to tell everyone he’s now not for sale at any price. They seem so desperate ( the media) they don’t want us to get any top players and possibly break the top 6

I’ve voted on the fence.
Pros
1. Wouldn’t need time to settle in and get used to the league.
2. Pacy and a bit unpredictable
3. Can make the difference in matches where you need someone to step up to the plate.
4. Seems ambitious.
5. Coming into his prime years.

Cons
1. Not an out and out centre forward with a proven record of hitting the net.
2. Isn’t Richarlison the same player but with a better work ethic.
3. Massively over priced imo, but in today’s market so is everybody.
4. Would he come here and think he’s a big fish in a smaller pond?
5. No CL clubs beating the door down for him so how good is he actually?

What worries me he’s a sooouth London lad who loves his family around him .. he never settled in Manchester,, I’d be worried laying out so much money on him then we have to sell him back down soooouth for a huge loss

What worries me he’s a sooouth London lad who loves his family around him .. he never settled in Manchester,, I’d be worried laying out so much money on him then we have to sell him back down soooouth for a huge loss
The slight counter to this is he was what, 20-21 when he was last up here?

You grow up a bit and those things get easier.

When he’s played us recently. You worry he might get a penalty or pull something out of the hat and score a goal ! You can’t leave him with one defender to beat as he’ll probably beat them. He’d deffo play up top for us and has good strength to hold the ball up ! Don’t like him though ! But will if he comes !

Not sure about that? Really how hard is it to move out at 20 odd years old lol
Not hard to move out. To move away from your family with no support base at 20-21 maybe a little harder. Some people find it difficult.

I did the opposite move at that age and I’m still here as I love it (17 years ago) but some people don’t find it tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.