Sevilla/Mainz v Everton(Saturday 27 July 12:00/15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never read too much into preseason games. A good preseason doesn't automatically turn into a good season, nor vice versa.

Just sad that we have to revert to this thinking EVERY pre-season. We seldom start the season proper firing on all cylinders / often have to bed in late signings or cover late departures. As a result , I'm sure we'll throw away some early results as usual.
Uninspiring draw at CP is nailed on.....

We are seeing a young lad comfortable on the ball.

I did say he hasnt been fully tested defensively, but everybody loves a classy ball playing CB, well not The Park End, you would DEFO sit in the Park End.
Was I quoting you? Guess I missed that.

Our U23 are the best in the country but they seem to be a strong team rather than a collection of good individuals.
They are the best in the country because they are on average a year or two older than every team they play. This is also why the better players are going out on loan and SHOULD.

You didnt quote anybody, you made a comment and I replied.

What a very strange post.
You referenced yourself like you had to clarify something because I addressed it to you. Even stranger you determined what stand I would sit in. So yeah, I would call your post a bit stranger on the odd spectrum.

Never read too much into preseason games. A good preseason doesn't automatically turn into a good season, nor vice versa.

You shouldn't look into the results but you should pay attention to the sharpness of the players which should be steadily improving game by game. They do not look like they are in a good place to start the season to me.

We need one of those signings that boosts the whole club. Hopefully a striker who doesn't need 10 chances per goal.

Premier League sides are bumming Championship teams all over the place today. We turned up on Wednesday against one and just walked around passing it between our back 4 and midfield like a training session. I can’t see what we’ve gained from this pre-season so far at all, except for the fact that bums like Kevin Mirallas and Fraser Hornby can probably run a half marathon quicker than they could.
Eh, there was some value in the Sevilla match. Everyone knows we aren't going to score enough without better players and certainly not without Richarlison. We aren't a very deep team, either. We had some decent combination play on the left and it was helpful for Mina to get a bit settled as he was out of sorts the first couple minutes and settled in nicely. Holgate's play was sophomoric, but I didn't think it was a PK. Otherwise, it was a pretty dead heat to me. That's actually encouraging.

You shouldn't look into the results but you should pay attention to the sharpness of the players which should be steadily improving game by game. They do not look like they are in a good place to start the season to me.

We need one of those signings that boosts the whole club. Hopefully a striker who doesn't need 10 chances per goal.
Which of the starting XI don't look fine, though? Honestly. Delph isn't going to start once we replace Gana, Walcott isn't starting, Holgate isn't starting, hopefully DCL won't either longer term. Everyone else looked okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.