Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha is good but it just seems like such a waste of money, in terms of both fee and wages. It doesn't make sense, so I'd be surprised if it happens.

It would also be the third year in a row where we've taken the rather unimaginative approach of simply nicking the best player from a lower-calibre PL team, and paying top whack in the process. Is shelling out £160m-plus for Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Zaha not a bit mental?

I don't care about the money as it isn't my money, would he improve our squad? yes he would

The problem is money isn't infinite. If we sign him, then no striker comes in. We have DCL and Richarlison up front this season.

By signing Zaha, my view is he's a weaker player than Richarlison out wide, and Richarlison is a weaker player up front.

So, for me, I'd spend £60m+ on a striker, as it improves our squad more.

I don't believe we will be signing him, but anybody who thinks a player like Zaha will be signed for around 30m is absolutely fooling themselves.
Look at what far inferior players are making in the transfer market.
Zaha has nearly kept Palace in the Premiership on his own and would be an extraordinary loss for them.
Nail on the head. Zaha might not be worth 80m (I certainly don’t) but he’s priceless to Palace. Just look at their appalling record without him in the side. If they sell him, they are amongst the favourites for relegation.

...L’equipe’s digital edition claim Everton and PSG reached agreement last night for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye. They also say the Toffees have acquired a replacement in Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

I like that the French twitter account quoted his agent saying he'd like to come here... Only for the player to tweet that he isn't his agent ha

The problem is money isn't infinite. If we sign him, then no striker comes in. We have DCL and Richarlison up front this season.

By signing Zaha, my view is he's a weaker player than Richarlison out wide, and Richarlison is a weaker player up front.

To add to this, if we do have to spend £60m+ on a wider player/inside forward, they at least have to be a goal threat. Zaha emphatically isn't a goal threat.

Think there is something about him me, when he got injured once palace couldn’t win a game without him and considering we’ve nearly made 50 million in transfers and possibly getting a massive wage in tosun off the books its a win win situation for me.

Like or not he’s a big name signing in the premier league and will encourage other players to sign on aswell, can still at the moment see it as some sort of tactic by zaha to entice arsenal to pay the price but it’s looking encouraging...

I hope Sky are just repeating as they usually do and have got it completely wrong because there is absolutely no way is Zaha worth 60 million and a player. He has never scored more than 10 goals in a season in the premier league and he has had seasons of only scoring 2 goals. It is obvious why Palace have put a ridiculous price on him and that is because they dont want to lose their main player.

Dont do it ffs Everton. worth 20 to 30 million tops imo.

How can he only be worth 20 million??! Price is relative to each team. 20 million buys you a Tyrone Mings or an Ademola Lookman or Dominic Solanke. Zaha is Palaces talisman. If they sold him for the fee you suggest, their chairman should never set foot in selhurst park again. He would be hung, drawn and quartered. It would be like us selling Richarlison for 20 million, such is Zahas importance to Palace.

From the few times I've seen Palace It seemed like Zaha played down the middle, could be interesting with him and Richarlison and DCL quite a few options and if Kean signs too.

All ifs and buts.

Zaha is good but it just seems like such a waste of money, in terms of both fee and wages. It doesn't make sense, so I'd be surprised if it happens.

It would also be the third year in a row where we've taken the rather unimaginative approach of simply nicking the best player from a lower-calibre PL team, and paying top whack in the process. Is shelling out £160m-plus for Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Zaha not a bit mental?
Are they not all good players who significantly improved on what we had prior to them?

I agree. He’s a guaranteed player as well. Only problem is the fee with value only dropping from here. But if we got the cash....

Im not sure mate, i saw signs of life in Zaha about three years ago and i started banging the drum for us to sign him then, ive watched him closely since and year on year he has got better. I thought he had got so good he was beyond us and would end up at a CL side. He can beat a team on his own. i have no doubts in saying he has kept Palace in the PL three years on the trot. I think he can progress again in a better team. Hes 26 and coming into his peak years, i think he has resale value at 29-31, i think its a shrewd investment. Then you look at immediate impact, he is unplayable.

What i really like about Zaha, is when things havent worked out for him he hasnt moped or melted away, hes backed himself and went and played ball and progressed, happened at Utd and England. I also like the loyalty he has shown Palace, hes signed contract after contract making sure they will be looked after when he would inevitably leave. In modern football they are all admirable qualities.

Many look at the fee i would be firmly of the opinion you invest in quality if you can, people talk about over paying for Gylfi, i think he was worth every penny and then some.

Last edited:
Pure conjecture but if Zaha could be obtained for say £50mill + Bolasie and McCarthy it would represent good business. An ‘80mill’ player, loose 2 non contributing squad members and wage for wage outlay probably remains about the same.

Zaha will not be getting half as many penalty shouts here with VAR being introduced. Refs hardly give us anything as it is,we’re not liked for some reason, he just wouldn’t be as effective here. See Richarlison last season, now if he was playing for the RS like Salah, he gets treated in a totally different manner and gets rewarded for every dubious dive.

Zaha will not be getting half as many penalty shouts here with VAR being introduced. Refs hardly give us anything as it is,we’re not liked for some reason. See Richarlison last season, now if he was playing for the RS like Salah, he gets treated in a totally different manner and gets rewarded for every dubious dive.

Surely VAR is going to increase the number of pens given rather than reduce them tho?

I take your point about us not getting decisions by the officials but with what I've seen of VAR so far there seems to be more penalties given retrospectively than penalties cancelled after they've been given

Status
Not open for further replies.