New Everton Stadium Discussion

Something else i noticed this morning or maybe im just going mad, but in the interior steel roof there is a hint and a nod to Archibald Leitch lattice in the steel roof supports, look either side of the big screen:

Just look at the size of the concourses in the warehouse style buildings. Can't wait to see pictures that show what it will be like for the everyday punter. Let's hope there is a bar that runs the entire width of that home end and after buying your pint you step out onto the balcony section on a warm, sunny Saturday in May looking back at the three graces. We'll know we have made it when that happens.

...we’ll know we’ve made it when we regularly look out at Wembley in May.

I have a slight niggle myself.....

I remember going to Spur early 90's my 1st ever visit there. We where 2-1 up and they scored 2 very late goals, Everton style. Barmby won it for them in the 92 min. Anyhoo i remember being in the away stand and looking over at their home end. I remember the big gap from the top of there stand to were the roof met. I always though it looked half done and very poor. Never liked WHL because of that.

SO...... the end opposite the big home end at BMD looks a little like that. Don't like the distance between the last row of seats and the roof starts. And to me if we round it up to the two stand next to it we could get a few more thousand seats in. Like we all want....

Its petty really and i love the stadium so much. UTFT

Inappropriate Language
It’s absolutely stunning. The old style industrial red brick elevations, the shiny steel roof and the shapes are so much better then the leaked images indicated.

What I don’t get is the hatred for the word EVERTON overlooking the redeveloped docklands. People prefer it to be replaced by some sponsors logo. Are you people mentally ill?
I want a Batman style blue light coming from the USM stadium to reveal Usmanov's face!
Stadium sponsorship rights? £501m for 20 years! #Paid #FuckFFP

I have a slight niggle myself.....

I remember going to Spur early 90's my 1st ever visit there. We where 2-1 up and they scored 2 very late goals, Everton style. Barmby won it for them in the 92 min. Anyhoo i remember being in the away stand and looking over at their home end. I remember the big gap from the top of there stand to were the roof met. I always though it looked half done and very poor. Never liked WHL because of that.

SO...... the end opposite the big home end at BMD looks a little like that. Don't like the distance between the last row of seats and the roof starts. And to me if we round it up to the two stand next to it we could get a few more thousand seats in. Like we all want....

Its petty really and i love the stadium so much. UTFT

It is unfortunately a limitation due to lack of space at the site as the boundary line is right in line with the edge of the stand. Unless the club gets permission to extend the top of the stand over into the water works land it will always be that way.

....design is striking, but I do think the location is the key attribute. That stadium will look so much more iconic on the waterfront than on the East Lancs Road. It’s what a founder member of this league deserve.
Its a combination of both Eggs. Its been designed to fit the location and a very good job Meis has done. He's not everyones cup of tea but give credit where its due.

I feel as though we're claiming our city back.

Completion still 4 years off. Chances are safe standing will be back in by then. Even if we only put it in the home end I reckon it will take it over 55k.
I'd like to be able to expand, even without legislation changing.

I'd be happy with 55k as a starter and then gradually get ourselves up to 62k. I can't see us ever needing a stadium bigger than that, otherwise it starts to look too big for a club stadium.