New Everton Stadium Discussion

The word I heard was that there's not a lot of searching for funding at this stage, more a focus on getting the PA in and then inviting (reticent and doubtful) institutional lenders. I have no idea how that will sit with the planning committee, but that seems to be the gamble the club will take.

Designs----> PA----->PP----->Funding.

Again: take / leave...all the same to me.
So getting my conservatory built.
Bought the extra land.
Designed by a company.
Went through planing permission.

Only then did I start looking where the money was coming from..... :coffee:

Moshiri far too good at his job to do that.

The word I heard was that there's not a lot of searching for funding at this stage, more a focus on getting the PA in and then inviting (reticent and doubtful) institutional lenders. I have no idea how that will sit with the planning committee, but that seems to be the gamble the club will take.

To be fair there is no requirement in law to prove you have the money when putting planning permission in. I hope the club leave finalising the financing as late as possible to ensure the very best deal.

You heard from? The voice in your head or an actual source? Another scaremongering post Dave.
Is it rewally that scarey?

I'd have thought we'd all accepted this could be the scenario we're looking at. It sound svery beleivable to me, because if anyone thinks Usmanov is chipping in a penny to this project they are being very naive.

This project will sink or swim on the PA sailing through and passing; then the disbelieving investment community might just believe objections can be over-ridden.

So getting my conservatory built.
Bought the extra land.
Designed by a company.
Went through planing permission.

Only then did I start looking where the money was coming from..... :coffee:

Moshiri far too good at his job to do that.
Yes, exactly. However, there are people who think Father Christmas (AKA Usmanov) is waiting with an open cheque book. That's not happening.

Also, you probably dont have a street full of neighbours waiting to bang in their objections to your conservatory!

To be fair there is no requirement in law to prove you have the money when putting planning permission in. I hope the club leave finalising the financing as late as possible to ensure the very best deal.
...yes, which is why their public pronouncements so far on how it'll be funded (with Joe Anderson's funding model and rate payers cash) was so unwise.

I would be comfortable with that. The venture is pretty worthless until planning is approved, then the money will roll in......

Yes, exactly. However, there are people who think Father Christmas (AKA Usmanov) is waiting with an open cheque book. That's not happening.

Also, you probably dont have a street full of neighbours waiting to bang in their objections to your conservatory!
More scaremongering. Thought you had given up beating this stupid drum. Force evicted anyone from their home today? Or is that still on your to do list?