Wigan Athletic v Everton(Wednesday 24 July 19:45)

Status
Not open for further replies.
another game that told us virtually nothing about the progress of the team. other than a lot of energy and fitness, no conclusions can really be drawn from that except that those who are going should be gone.

As normal I’ll try and put a sensible approach on things.
A very warm evening I don’t think manager players or supporters can take much from that. Wigan’s turnstile machines didnt work meaning queues for a friendly. Beer was nice and there was a mixture of food available.
On loud song of Everton Everton Everton was achieved at kick off.
First half
Pickford was commanding and made an outstanding save first half
Back four were ok. Mina to me is a worry. He may be a big strong lad but he has a mistake in him every game. Over the season I think he will cost us more goals than Keane who looked impressive last night. The challenge on him another day is a red.
Coleman and Digne were solid and got forward mainly all game, Coleman especially gave us more threat than those in front
Delph I thought was outstanding. He’s fit, quick and his passing is superb. What I liked though and probably does go unnoticed is when the full backs get forward he sits in and covers. That will be important to us
Gomes is Gomes
Gylfi was quiet. But what was disappointed was the play out wide. Bernard and especially Theo struggled. Bernard had a couple of fancy touches that’s fine but he had no end product. Theo is going backwards steadily and offers absolutely nothing to the team.
DCL is a long way off match fitness

Second half I thought the goalkeeper would take confidence in his performance and I thought Davies was the best player out there. Anthony Gordon and the lad at centre half maybe Gibson looked useful.
Miralles is a strange one as he’s the only one being used every week so is he part of this seasons squad now??
Fraser Hornby will unfortunately not make a premier league player

So it was a boring night. I don’t recall one shot on target. We need creativity and goals. We all know that and Marco will know that.

Some questions
Is Cenk injured?
Where do we stand with Besic and Bolasie
Pennington was there last night is he finished too?

At present it looks like the team
Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Delph Gomes
Rich Gylfi bernard
DCL

Davies
Lossel
Cenk
Walcott
Holgate
Morgan
Gueye

Not much more

55F599DC-D4C6-4AE8-B41E-E75705DDA9D2.png

Wasn't a particularly good watch. Delph had a lot of energy and some nice touches and seemed to link up well with Gomes. At times not enough players in and around the box when we were attacking. Let's see what Saturday produces and next week.

Just seen the highlights and they looked poor....
Last year Blackburn hammered us.......
So nothing to judge really other than we cant score again.......

That was genuinely one of the worst displays of entertainment (not just sport) I have ever seen.

I’d actually rather have watched Mrs Browns boys and that programme makes me want to set myself on fire.

Don't know about the match but Brendan O Carroll and his family really get under my skin. Blatant nepotism in the cast. Pathetic unfunny pre pubescent level scripts. I cannot understand how anyone with an IQ above an amoeba actually watches it.

Status
Not open for further replies.