Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s Wednesday 24th July and here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer round-up;

- RMC report Everton want Lille midfielder, Boubakaray Soumare. Wolves have reportedly bid €40m but the 20 year old Frenchman wasn’t keen on the move, saying he preferred to stay in France for another season.

- According to El Desmarque, Barcelona winger Malcom is available for transfer. Everton are prepared to pay €35m for the 22 year old Brazilian but the Spanish club want to recoup the €41m they paid.

- Le Parisien continue to claim Everton have agreed to sell 29 year old midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, to PSG for €32m (£29m).

- German outlet Bild now report Ademola Lookman’s move to RB Leipzig is imminent. The Everton winger was seen arriving in Germany ahead of a medical and the transfer is set to be announced this morning. The 21 year old will cost €18m with €2m in add-ons. Because of a 15% of profit sell on clause, The London Evening Standard report Charlton Athletic will receive £1.3m from the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo say Republic of Ireland Manager, Mick McCarthy, has urged 28 year old Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to leave Goodison: “I’ve chatted with James & he knows my view that he needs games on a regular basis. He’s a hugely important player for us but I need him to be playing week in & week out now that he’s fit & he understands that”.

- Turkish Journalist, Berk Gol, believes Galatasaray have ‘accelerated’ their pursuit of Everton midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. Reports earlier this week suggested the Turkish club had launched a loan bid for the 29 year old Frenchman.

- FC Porto attacker, Yacine Brahimi has completed a big money transfer to Qatar club, Al-Rayyan. The 29 year old has long been linked with the Toffees.

- Italian reporter, Giovanni Capuano, says Inter Milan have turned their attention to Lille striker Rafael Leao after being put off by Manchester United’s £80m price tag for Romelu Lukaku. Everton were set to receive a £5m windfall from the Lukaku sale. Leao was once tracked by the Toffees and is also linked to Wolves.

- Kurt Zouma is quoted by the Liverpool Echo: “I enjoyed my time at Everton but i’m a Chelsea player & I want to do well to get my chance & be here”.

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed that 21 year old Bassala Sambou has completed a move to Fortuna Sittard. The German born attacker became a free agent at the end of June but because of his age, Everton will receive a FIFA Training Compensation fee.

I’ve been in Cyprus these past few weeks but fly back to the U.K. later this morning. It means I’ll be posting a few hours later (approximately 7am BST) from tomorrow, apologies to any Blues in far off places who appear to have been picking up these very early updates.

Thank you @Eggs for giving us something to do whilst ur mums are washing our sheets

Lucky that ain't the case then innit
Currently it is, and even a new striker coming in next week, as unlikely as that is, would likely mean too little time to get up to speed, meaning DCL starts the season as our top striker.

Dear me.

In terms of money it was exactly the same. The trend broke because teams without money used stats to take advantage of things teams with money didn't understand. There are clear parallels to football and how the top clubs can outspend everyone and the lower clubs needing to find something that can give them an edge. At least I think it's pretty clear.
The edge is finding better players before the rich clubs do

Currently it is, and even a new striker coming in next week, as unlikely as that is, would likely mean too little time to get up to speed, meaning DCL starts the season as our top striker.

Dear me.
That is not the season as the OP stated is it though?

Let's just wait and see before punching ourselves in the face and looking stupid

Lewin was our "main man" through the best run of form towards the end of last season.
What makes you think that cant carry on.

Quit it with this "Lewin" nonsense. His name is Bambi and Niasse carries a bigger threat. If we start the season with Bambi, we won't finish top 10. FACT - as the fat spanish waiter would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.